||Chapter Eighteen||

||Nightmares and Liquor||

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two walked in their home, up the elevator, and into their floor of the compound.

The longer the night went on the more on edge Knox became. Her small body layed next to Bucky, she watched as his chest fell and rose every few seconds. His breathing was slow and steady while hers was anxious and rapid. She felt as if she couldn't breathe. She felt like something was going to go wrong, whether it was the plan, Nathan, her and Bucky. All she knew was something was going to go wrong.

She felt strings of sweat pour down her face. She tried to move but she couldn't, it was now that she realized she was having sleep paralysis. I didn't even know I fell asleep! She thought and she looked around her, she could see the moonlight through the cracked grey curtains.

She could hear her heart pound, her muscles tensed but she just couldn't move. She wanted- she tried to scream, but she couldn't. She couldn't make any noise to alarm Bucky. While her anxiety and panicking only became worse, she saw in the corner of her eye, a shadow grow closer to her.

She closed her eyes as she felt weight being pressed onto her chest, making it even harder to breathe.

It kept repeating something but she couldn't understand it. She tried to tune her ears to the dark whisper, but she could only hear her heavy breathing and quick heart beat.

She opened her eyes to see a woman, her eyes were sunken in, blood pouring out. A bullet hole was right between her eyes and a few on her chest. She recognized the women to be Nathan's mother.

Of course Knox had plenty of nightmares of the people that she had killed. The way they would call her a monster. She knew if ghosts existed that they would haunt her. For all she knew this was their way for doing so.

The word Nathan's mother was saying finally clicked in Knox's ears, bringing tears to her eyes.

"James."

She spoke, over and over. The weight on Knox's chest was unbearable, her breathing picked up and it became louder. Nathan's mother wrapped her hand around Knox's neck and slowly put down pressure.

Knox stopped breathing, it was like her ghost really was there. Like her body was there. Knox finally let out a troubled whimper, one signaling she couldn't breathe. Knox saw the lights flick on, allowing her to see her vision become cloudy and black dots take over. She could no longer see Nathan's mother, but she could still feel her.