||Chapter Twenty Seven||

||"I Do

||"I Do."||

The four started on finding a place and ended up finding an abandoned church and they were inside of it, examining it.

Right in the middle was a cross.

"Well at least they'll be going down like Jesus. Except explosions." Knox said, running her hand on the wood and immediately getting a splinter. As if she was so demonic, she couldn't touch a cross.

"We don't even know if we'll have to blow it up yet." Bucky said to her.

"Oh right. Just felt the need to say it though." Knox scoffed as she walked farther into the abandoned church.

"So tie them to the cross?" Ace asked, looking around the pews with Salem, while Knox and Bucky stood in the front and they faced each other as if they were getting married.

"Absolutely. That would be ironic." Knox nodded, smirking. She looked at Bucky who had noticed their position and was looking at her with pure love in his eyes.

She raised an eyebrow. "You okay." She chuckled.

"I am so happy that I get to do this with you. I can't wait till we are on the run, you, me and Nathan. Just us three. And maybe a dog." Bucky chuckled that last sentence.

"Of course Barnes. I'll always be with you." Knox smiled at him and she leaned in to kiss him.

When he leaned back he looked at her one more time. "You look so beautiful. I love you."

"Thank you, I love you too." Knox smirked. "So. We getting married."

Bucky panicked as his face dropped, he began to stutter. She looked at him funny. "You know. Because of us standing up here and being in front of each other."

Bucky calmed down. "Y-yeah! Yeah! Absolutely. We're in the... Wedding position..."

Knox rolled her eyes and laughed. "You're perfect." She kissed his cheek before walking back off to explore the rest.

Knox could see the place had been this way for quite some time, spiderwebs were everywhere. They were all on the pews mostly. She turned her attention back to the cross. To her it seemed to have been looking back at her. Like it was reminding her all of the wrong she did, and she didn't have to be reminded twice.

It reminded her as well of the time when she had actually tried to be religious, but it never worked out for her.

"Come on Knox, just shoot the girl." Pierce got annoyed with Knox.

"But God says it's wrong!" Knox protested.

She had found a Bible in a room. That's also the same place she found metal dog tags, she never read them because she wasn't interested in them. Everyone there had a pair. And next to the dog tags were a pair of black fingerless gloves and a half eaten plum.

She had stolen the bible because she believes it had called to her. She read through a lot of it that night, and of course the next day she had her first training lesson with Pierce.

"I don't give a damn what god says! Shoot her!" He began to yell causing Knox to tear up. "Knox! Pull the trigger!"

She did.

She felt so guilty as well. She looked to Johann Schmidt who looked at her and gave her a sympathy nod.

From that day forward she knew she couldn't be religious, and by the fifth kill, she couldn't turn back.

Her little heart and soul was blackened the minute she got that serum. And with her being picked before she was even born, her good religious choices were doomed.

She was bound to become a villain.

Bucky had saw Knox in a trance so he walked up to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah! Yeah. I'm fine. Great even. Excited for this plan. I'll tell you what. I'll portal the shit here, then we can find some fucking civilians. And we get this show started." Knox said kinda nervous, her words quickly leaving her lips. She walked off and portaled back to the Hydra base, and grabbed the bags.

She was met with Armin Zola on the computer.

"Knox. We missed you." He said proudly. Knox got excited and ran up to the computer screen as well as the camera.

"I missed you guys as well! I thought you got destroyed in a bomb at the military camp?" Knox raised an eyebrow.

"They had put me on a hard drive first, then they trapped Captain America and Black Widow. Months after that happened I was taken back here and put on some newer computers. It's great actually." He explained.

"I wish I could hug you right now." Knox smiled softly. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when they put you back."

"I get it. You were out looking for the Winter Soldier. You fell in love. What is it that you told him when you finally found him?" Zola asked.

"That Uncle Red told me to help him." Knox said, lowering her head.

"You were gone for a very long time, Knox. Are you at least happy with him?" Zola asked, sadness and worry in his voice. Like a parent figure should be.

"Very. He spoils me. He gives me a lot of love. After care." She joked.

"Ew! Your uncle doesn't want to hear about that!" Zola said laughing along with Knox. "But I am glad he takes care of you the way that she should."

"Yeah. He's amazing." She dosed out for a few seconds before remembering why she was here. "Shit! I have to go back to them! I forgot!" She grabbed all three bags and made a portal. Before stepping in she turned around. "Bye! I love you Uncle Zola." She smiled softly, then walked through.

Let the games begin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~