FIVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 :
DENIAL DOESN'T LOOK GOOD ON YOU

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

"NO." THE CONDUCTOR shook his head defiantly at the sight of Vera. He pointed at her, shaking his finger, "No." He repeated.

     Vera couldn't help herself from rebutting, "Yes." She tilted her head at his growing anxiety, finding it amusing.

     Arken shook his head (he was doing this so often she thought he'd get whiplash) in denial, "You are not coming."

"Do you always argue with your clients?" Vera folded her arms, not backing down in the slightest. She kept her expression calm and blank. To her right she noticed Kaz raise an eyebrow at the scene and inwardly cursed. He's going to question me about this, I'm sure. He's giving me away just because he is afraid. I can't help that the volcra try to get to me.

"I am not bringing you in my train!" Arken argued. Vera rolled her eyes.

"Would being threatened make you more compliant?" Vera raised her eyebrows.

"You—" He grumbled something to himself, but Vera simply narrowed her eyes. The girl moved her hands so that they were crossed against her back. He threw his hands in front of him, "...You are staying on the opposite side of the train."

"You think I want to sit by you for that long?" Vera inquired with an innocent expression.

"Katiya, let's not get rid of our ride before we depart," Kaz interjected.

She nodded, but once Kaz turned away, she stuck her tongue out at the Conductor. Jesper stifled a laugh at the motion.

The group turned to the carriage, "I cannot believe that I am doing this." Arken complained as he opened the door for the other crows.

Vera stopped before she could enter, shutting the door in front of them and whispering into the man's ear, "You better start believing immediately because it is happening no matter what. Also...Stop being so obvious. We don't know each other. Get it? If I go down, I am digging a much bigger hole for you."

      "I don't want to sit by you," Arken said, speaking about the carriage ride.

     "I don't care." She opened the door, waving him into the expectant Crows, "Get in, and stop complaining."