FOURTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
BONDING TIME

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     VERA WAS RESTRAINED

VERA WAS RESTRAINED. Her hands tied by rope in such a way that forced them to part away from each other, unable to touch. The feeling was horrid. It sent a shiver so deep it reached her bone.

She was at least given the liberty of not being tied down to anything, free to roam her tent. There were Grisha posted outside the exit, and though she was fairly confident she could take them out with her hands tied, she didn't want to risk being trapped even further. So, she stayed put in her seat, trying to calm herself.

You just had to get caught again. Stupid...It's your fault. Vera huffed, staring at the ceiling. It's your fault this is happening.

     The blonde could hear the commotion happening in the tent over without trying. It sounded like Alina was going through hell. Poor girl. Vera didn't know what was happening, but she knew it couldn't be good. Mal was somewhere else, no doubt tied up and barely fed.

     Suddenly the flaps opened, and a figure entered. It was Kirigan. Vera blinked at him, for a second not believing he was real.

     "You left me a very angry Polina." Those were the first words that Kirigan had decided to say after years of separation. Dang it. Vera huffed. He was real. And he knew she had been the one to kill the inferni in the chapel.

     Vera simply blinked at him without a care, "Oh bother."

     Kirigan nodded his head, accepting the answer as though it was reasonable. "You were quick to the Cut in the forest. How many times have you used it since you left?"

     Too many. Vera didn't answer, noticing the strange circular coin quite literally forged into his hand, "What did you do to Alina?" She asked, slowly dragging her eyes from the item.

     "She wasn't cooperative...I had to take some liberties." Kirigan excused, appearing stiff at her words. He clenched his hand, the one with the coin, as much he could, his face twinkling with an emotion that resembled guilt. But it was gone as quick as it appeared. He took his turn to look down at her hand and blurted, "You hide your scars?"

     Vera tightened her hands into fists, glaring down at her covered limbs, "They came with too many questions."

     "Show me them." Kirigan said, his voice more of a demand than anything else.