TWENTY EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     VERA SWORE SHE had never been so tense as she was standing there on Hummingbird, staring down at their surroundings as they passed

     VERA SWORE SHE had never been so tense as she was standing there on Hummingbird, staring down at their surroundings as they passed. The world around Ravka was filled with destruction, looking as though someone had dropped bombs on it.

     A tall shadow came over her, and there was only one so tall and buff on the ship. "Is it strange?" Toyla's cal voice inquired, peering down at the same sight as her.

Vera let out a humorless chuckle, "Extremely."

Toyla nodded his head, leaning onto the side of the boat to look at her. "I wish I had gotten to see you as General."

"You didn't miss much." Vera shrugged off, turning to look at the deck of Hummingbird.

     Kaz was standing there, glaring at them. Why is he angry? Vera furrowed her eyebrows at the sight before turning to Toyla when he spoke, "I'm sure I did."

     "Well, we'll never know now, won't we?" Vera turned back to the Fold, only to freeze. "Is it just me or is the Fold getting closer?"

     "Not just you." Toyla shook his head, standing up straighter at the sight.

     Vera turned back to the rest of the group, her voice loud as she announced, "He's growing the Fold."

     Many voices said things, but the consensus was irritated and worried. They were reaching the area they planned to split up. Zoya, Inej, Nina and Vera would head into the Fold while the rest went into the palace grounds to aid Nikolai's army. From things in the sky, it wasn't going well.

     "This is where we separate." Kaz informed. Zoya listened, carefully lowering the ship. Those leaving moved to the exit.

     As Vera moved to the exit, Jesper stopped by her. Jesper piped, "I feel like we're missing something. You're the former General. Come on, give a speech."

     "I was only the second in command." Vera tilted her head.

     Jesper added, "Speech!" He nudged Wylan and the latter gave in with a timid cheer of his own before self consciously looking around to see if anyone had seen him do it. Everyone avoided his eye.