TWENTY SIX

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭 :
THIS TRIP IS A NIGHTMARE

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     WHEN KAZ SHOWED up to the building, he had calmed down

WHEN KAZ SHOWED up to the building, he had calmed down. And though Vera was worried for him, she settled for simply watching him as he tried to regain his thoughts before he would speak. "Ohval's not just a fence." Kaz started with a confident voice, "She's The Disciple."

"What... what tipped you off?" Wylan asked as Jesper closed the doors to the balcony, realizing the serious talk was beginning.

"Her teacup." Kaz explained, "When she set it down, she did so without a sound."

Nina stopped fanning herself to add in, "And her heartbeat never fluctuated once. It held at one beat a second like a clock."

"So, she can control her heart rate and her emotions." Toyla piped, chewing on a snack. He moved over to Nina, offering her one. The heartrender took one with a grin.

"Those are useful skills for a thief," Wylan concluded.

"Oh, my Saints!" Nina looked at her snack in awe. It must've been good.

Jesper eyed Kaz who was staring at the table, "Now is where you tell us where the blade is."

"Ohval has it. Her signal to the waitress to spill tea on me told me as much." Kaz concurred.

"It's as if I know you." Jesper narrowed his eyes at Kaz playfully.

Kaz eyed Jesper for a moment before continuing, "And if she's not going to sell it to us, we'll just have to take it. After Nina and I ordered the tea, I had Inej follow the tea shop employee who was sent to notify Ohval."

"She lives just outside the city." Inej spoke up, fiddling with one of her blades, "When she stopped at the tea shop, she placed an order at the apothecary that she'll be picking up tonight. I watched her at home a while, no one came or went except her."

"So, while she's out of the house, Nina will make sure she stays out of the house. The rest of us will grab the blade." Kaz went over the plan.

Zoya's loud scoff brought the attention in the room to her. "You don't seriously expect me to break into this woman's house."

"Uh, why do you think we're here?" Jesper asked with a confused expression on his face.

Zoya looked over her shoulder to give Jesper a look, "I'm a soldier, not a thief."