NINE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 :
FOOLISH! FOOLISH! FOOLISH!

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     BAGHRA HAD BEEN meditating, her eyes closed as she sat in the darkness

BAGHRA HAD BEEN meditating, her eyes closed as she sat in the darkness. That was until she heard footsteps. They were loud and orderly. Whoever it was didn't care to be heard, instead, they were showing that they were there, and they were confident as all hell.

"Who's there?" Baghra called out, her eyes peeling open as she became alert.

"Baghra?" Vera called out after making sure that the woman was alone. There wasn't even a guard in the room. Of course, Vera knew that Baghra could take care of herself just fine.

"...Vera?" Baghra whipped her head towards the girl, "Is that you?"

"Yes." Vera nodded, looking around the room as she got closer to the standing old woman.

The tunnels to Baghra's cave somehow felt even colder than they had the first time Vera traveled through them. Luckily the day was so vivid in her mind that she knew her way through them, able to tell where she had ventured just by tracing her steps.

Baghra looked up at the blonde in wonder. She had come back after all these years?

     Out of nowhere, Baghra reached up, the large stick in her hand smacking Vera's arm. "Idiot girl!" She scolded.

The blonde recoiled from the woman, "Ow." She said bluntly, her hand instantly moving to the spot pulsing in pain.

"Why did you come back?" Baghra scolded, "After all the work I did to get you out? You F return? Foolish!" Her stick raised threateningly again, and Vera scrunched her face up.

"I see you're still just as fond of me." Vera joked, trying to put some space between her and the older woman. She started looking at the artifacts around the room.

"Great, you come back with brain damage and an attitude." Baghra huffed, rolling her eyes. "Were you spotted? You're going to get me killed with your careless actions. Coming back without being summoned. Does Aleksander know?"

"You would know if I was spotted." Vera brushed off, her eyes caught on a painting of Kirigan. It was old, no question about that. One of the first portraits of him, she assumed. "And you would certainly know if Aleksander did."

The older woman noticed her attention was caught by the painting and moved over to cover the art with a fallen curtain from upstairs. "Why are you here?"