FIFTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
CHOOSE YOUR ENEMY

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT USED TO give a rush of power, standing by the General

     IT USED TO give a rush of power, standing by the General. Now it only felt like trapping. They walked to the skiff, followed by a row of colorful Grisha. As they walked by the first army soldiers, they prayed to Alina.

"The tracker's being kept in camp, under guard." Kirigan whispered to Alina, but Vera overheard, "Do what's expected of you and he'll be released."

     There was a tight feeling in her chest, stress, anxiety, fear? She couldn't tell the difference. It didn't matter to her at the moment, so she simply recoiled into herself and stayed in her mind. That was until she saw a Heartrender kneeling in front of her, chains in hand.

     "Please," Vera took a step closer to Kirigan, ignoring how the guards around them tensed, and reached forward to grab her, but he waved them off. "Please, don't tie me." Kirigan stared at her, his mouth opening as though he were going to say something, but she shook her head, "I'll-I'll do what you want me to, but please, don't tie me up."

     Kirigan didn't say anything, but he looked over at Ivan, no doubt telling him to keep a close eye on her. "You will stay by me." He ordered her.

     Alina was tied down to the deck, "This isn't a good look for you. Everyone will see that I'm your prisoner."

     Kirigan spoke lowly as he reached around her, pulling the coat off to reveal her collarbone and dress. "I doubt very much they'll notice your feet."

     The Fold wasn't far, rumbling thick as thunder loudly sparked. She closed her eyes as darkness enveloped them. No mourners. No funerals.

     Oh, how she missed the Crows.

     Thunder rumbled through the dark stormy sight. "Can you feel them?" Kirigan asked Ivan who was standing close.

"No heartbeats yet, sir," Ivan answered, focused on the heartbeats around them.

     The sound of volca screeching in the distance was heard, and then Vera caught sight of one, its demented figure lit up by the bright lightning. We're beacons. Vera sighed, looking towards Kirigan who held a pleased expression on his face. As long as he's happy. She thought bitterly.

     "They're coming," Alina whispered to Kirigan.

     "Yes." He answered carelessly.