Chapitre 10

'Are you sure it's okay for us to be doing this?' I asked Naomi as we walked out of the building and into the street.

'Don't worry, when Sano calls them, they're usually gone for a few hours at least. They won't even notice a we left.'

'Who's ''Sano''?'

'Manjiro Sano, he's Bonten's leader.'

A gust of cold air hit us and I wrapped my jacket tighter around me as we continued walking. Sneaking a quick glance at Naomi's face, I was relieved to see that the bruise on her cheek had completely disappeared.

'So how is living with Rindou? Is he treating you right?' She asked me.

'Yeah, both him and is brother are nice to me.'

'Oh yeah, Ran... I know him a little bit better than I know Rindou.'

'How come?'

'He often visits Sanzu to talk. I eavesdrop on their conversations when I have nothing else to do. One time, I even heard Sanzu tease Ran about a girl he was stalking.'

Is it the girl he told me about?

'Stalking?'

'Yeah. Apparently he saw her in the street once and has been following her since. He managed to know everything about her without even talking to her once. Isn't that crazy?'

'That's-' I froze in my tracks.

Wait...

Something had always felt off about Ran but I hadn't been able to put my finger on what it was until now.

The first time I met him, I had the feeling that I had seen him somewhere before. Then in his apartment, he served me a glass of iced tea which was my favorite drink without having to ask me what I wanted first. And last but not least, he had a huge home library full of my favorite books even though he doesn't like to read.

''There was one person I could see myself living with but she's with someone else''

No way, would it be possible-

'Y/N? Are you okay?' 

I was pulled from my thoughts by Naomi. I gave her a faint smile. 'Yeah sorry, I'm fine. Do you know who was the girl Ran was following?' I asked Naomi as we started walking again.

'No, but he hasn't talked about her lately. Maybe he just moved on.'

Could these really all be coincidences?

When I stayed silent, Naomi gave my shoulder a playful nudge. 'What are you thinking so hard about?'

'It's just... I went to Ran's apartment this morning and when Rindou found me there, he seemed really upset.'

She let out a chuckle. 'That doesn't really surprise me.'

'Why?'

'Well, don't you have an older brother or sister?'

'No, I'm an only child.'

'Well, I have two older sisters and even though I love them to death, there will always be a little bit of jealousy between us. I think it's the same for Ran and Rindou.'

'So you think Rindou is jealous of Ran?'

'Yeah. I think he knows that when people think of the Haitani brothers, they think of Ran first because he's older, even if they're both equally strong.'

I had never thought of that...

'But what were you doing in Ran's apartment? Did something happen between you two?'

'No, I just needed eggs and butter.' I quickly answered.

Naomi's brows slightly furrowed.

'What is it?' I asked her.

'Nothing, it's just... I feel like Ran is the type of person who always ends up getting what he wants so just... try to be careful when you're alone with him. Who knows what Rindou would do if he found out something had happened between you and his brother.'

I don't know what he would do but I certainly don't want to find out.