Chapter 28

As expected, Ran met me in the restroom of the restaurant in secret. 

'We need to-'

Those are the only words that came out of my mouth before he cradled my face with both hands. The moment our lips touched, his arms came around me to drag me into the closest stall where he swiftly kicked the door shut behind us.

'Please, stop.' I begged, pushing him away from me and turning my head to the side. 

He gently tilted my chin back towards him. 'What's wrong?'

My heart sank when I saw the worried look on his face. 

His lavender eyes were holding mine captive, making it harder for me to say this next: 'We should stop doing this.'

'Why?'

'Because...' I drew in a shaky breath as his thumb grazed my lower lip. '...b-because Rindou told me he loves me. And... I love him too.'

'No, you don't.' He replied, easily.

'Look, I want to do things right-' He interrupted me by pressing his lips to mine again, robbing me of any coherent thought.

A whimper escaped my mouth when he caught my bottom lip in his teeth. One of his hands found its way under my skirt to caress the sensitive inside of my thigh. It took all of my strength to break off the kiss and push him away from me one more time.

'Please, stop. Don't make this harder than it needs to be, Ran.'

I looked down, unable to hold his intense gaze any longer. After a few seconds of silence passed, I expected him to simply walk away but he didn't. 

He brushed his hair back and muttered something under his breath. 'Fuck, I didn't want to say it here like this...'

He gazed down at me as he put his hands on the wall on each side of my head, caging me in. 'Would it change something if I told that I l-'

His sentence was cut short when we heard the restroom's door open and close. Ran and I stared at each other, none of us daring to make a single move. We may have been locked away in a stall, but one only had to look under the door to see two pairs of feet in there. What if the person who had just walked out of the room heard our conversation?

'We'll talk later. You should go back to the table first.' I whispered.

Still looming over me, Ran grabbed my jaw tightly in one hand to force me to look into his eyes. 'This conversation is not over, Y/N.'

He finally let go of me and got out of the restroom. I waited a minute or two before following after him, both because I didn't want to raise suspicion and because my heart was still wildly hammering against my chest.  

Gina was now drinking alone at the counter bar of the restaurant so I decided to join her. Rindou, Sanzu and Ran probably needed time to discuss private matters anyway.

'Hi.' I gave Gina a smile as I took the seat next to her. 'I don't think we've properly been introduced yet. I'm Y/N.' I held out a hand but then hesitantly lowered it when she made no attempt to shake it.

Maybe she's just scared or uncomfortable.

'Gina.' She finally introduced herself to me. 

I wouldn't have been fazed by her one-word answer if it hadn't been combined with the cold look she was giving me. Her attitude was completely different from the one of the nice and shy girl who had been sitting at our table a mere few minutes ago. But I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and smiled at her again.

'Look, I just wanted to say that if you ever need anything, or if you just need someone to talk to, I will be there for you-'

'Rindou is really attractive, isn't he?' She suddenly interrupted me. 

Following her line of sight, I saw that she was staring directly at Rindou who was still talking to his brother and Sanzu. 

I let out a nervous chuckle before continuing. 'Uhm... yes. But like I was saying, if you need anything, me and Rindou will help you-'

'I think I want to be with him.'

Once again, all I could do was let out another nervous chuckle, hoping that I was just misinterpreting what she had said. 'You're joking, right?'

'I'm not.' She immediately replied, finally shifting her gaze away from Rindou to look back at me.

'Well, Rindou is with me-'

'For now.' Her lips curved into a sly smirk as she picked up the cherry from her cocktail to bring it to her mouth. 'Do you really think he'd still want to be with you if he knew what happened between you and his brother?'

My heart skipped a beat. 

It was her, the person Ran and I heard walk out of the restroom.

Her wicked smirk broadened to a grin when she saw the color drain from my face. 'That's right, I heard everything. Rindou is gonna be sooo mad when he finds out.'

'Is that a threat?' I asked, my eyes narrowing.

'Not a threat, honey. Consider this a promise. In one week, I'll be the one living with Rindou and you...' Gina stood up from her seat and condescendingly patted my shoulder. 'You'll be dead. Or at least, dead to him.'

'Wait.' I kept her from walking away by grabbing her arm. 'If you do this, not only will you destroy Rindou and I's relationship, but you'll also destroy his relationship with his brother. That's not what you want, is it?'

Gina sat back down and took another sip of her drink while she thought. 'Fine, then how about we make a deal?' The gleam of wickedness in her eyes reminded me of Sanzu.

You'd think these two would be a perfect match for one another.

'If you kiss Ran in front of Rindou, I won't tell him you guys have slept together.'

'I don't understand, what do you get out of this?'

'Well, for starters, Rindou will probably get rid of you so I'll be able to shoot my shot. And ...' The sinister chuckle she let out was truly bone-chilling. 'I just love drama so much. So what do you say? Do we have a deal?'