Part 2 - Chapter 1

You never realize how long one day truly is until you find yourself tied to a bed with your thoughts as your only companions. It's even worse when you're able to think about one person, and one person only.

Mikey.

In the letter I left on his kitchen table, I thanked him for everything he's done for me, I told him how much I loved him, and lastly, I told him I was leaving Japan for a reason I couldn't give him.

He's not coming for me. No one is.

The rope tied around my wrists and attached to the bedframe was just long enough for me to be able to hug my knees to my chest which was what I was doing when I heard the front door of Rindou's apartment open.

I checked the time on the alarm clock placed on the nightstand: 11pm.

Rindou walked into the bedroom without knocking first. It was a brutal reminder that I was in his apartment, tied to his bed against my will.

Back to square one.

The silver rays of moonlight illuminated him as he sat next to me on the edge of the bed. He dangled a paper takeaway bag in front of my eyes. 'I got you your favorites.'

Sweet potato fries, soba, miso soup... The various smells emanating from the bag confirmed his statement.

'Come on, I know you're hungry.' He pressed.

He was trying to coerce me into speaking to him with food and I wished I could have said it wasn't working, but my body seemed to disagree; My cheeks heated as my stomach growled loudly.

The beginning of a smile lifted the corner of Rindou's lips when I reluctantly grabbed the bag from his hands and opened it. Eating in front of someone had never made me so nervous. My gaze stayed riveted to my food but I could practically feel Rindou's eyes boring holes into my face.

'So... ready to talk now?' He asked after a few minutes.

I stopped chewing and swallowed, slowly peering up at Rindou. He was watching me, leaning his elbows on his knees with his legs spread apart. 'Why did you wanna leave Japan?'

He still didn't know it was all because of Ellie and I couldn't tell him.

'Was it Mikey? Did he do something to you?' He asked.

'No.'

'Was it Ran, then?'

'No.'

'Sanzu?'

'No.'

'Sierra? Or your father?'

I heaved an exasperated sigh. 'Look, I'm never going to tell you why I wanted to leave so just drop it, okay?'

He studied my face a moment longer before standing up. My gaze followed him as got around the bed.

'How long are you gonna keep me here?' I asked as he disappeared into his walk-in closet.

His voice and the faint rustle of clothes reached my ears. 'As long as I'm convinced you'll try to run away if I let you go.'

'Forever then...' I muttered, hugging my knees closer to my chest.

'If I have to.' Rindou replied.

A minute later, he stepped out of his closet, his body now only covered by a pair of black underwear. He laid down on his back next to me and clasped his hands behind his head.

'What are you doing?' I asked.

Rindou's gaze slid to me, a smirk creeping across his face. 'What? It's not like we've never slept in the same bed before.'