Chapter 20

'Do you want to dance?' Rindou asked as we walked back into the ballroom together.

'Yes.' I smiled and took his hand.

He led me to the part of the room where people were dancing. We fell in step and let the rhythm of the music control our movements.

I wrapped my arms around his neck when he drew me closer to his chest.

'What did you and Sano talk about on the rooftop?'

'Nothing important.'

'Well, I don't know what you told him but it looks like you got on his good side.'

Following Rindou's line of sight, I saw that Mikey was standing in one of the corners of the ballroom. A few people were talking to him but his eyes seemed locked on Rindou and I. Bonten's leader gave me a small nod that I returned before looking back at my dance partner.

'Did I already tell you how beautiful you look?'

A smile spread across my face at Rindou's praise. 

He leaned in to whisper in my ear. 'Can't wait to take that dress off of you tonight.'

I set my head on Rindou's shoulder to hide my blush from him.

My eyes scanned the ballroom before they settled on Ran. He was dancing with the woman I had seen him talking to earlier, his hands on either side of her waist.

Her brown eyes were glistening as she looked up at him and when a lock of her hair fell over her eyes, Ran delicately tucked it back behind her ear.

Another sharp pang of jealousy struck me. Ran chose this moment to look at me. He made no attempt to conceal the smirk tugging at his lips upon noticing the displeased look on my face.

Keeping the eye contact with me, he slowly slid his hands lower down his dance partner's back.

Two can play that game, Ran.

I cupped Rindou's cheek and planted my lips on his. He immediately returned the kiss and tightened his hold around me. All the while, we continued to dance, too lost in the music to stop.

'What was that for?' Rindou asked me as we parted for air.

'I'm just happy to be here with you.' I answered before setting my head on his shoulder again.

Just as I expected, Ran's smirk had been replaced by a deep scowl. When the music stopped, he swiftly walked away and grabbed a glass of champagne on his way. His partner seemed taken aback by his sudden mood shift. 

I pulled away to look at Rindou. 'I have to go to the bathroom.'

'Alright, I'll be waiting for you.'

I walked out of the ballroom and into the hallway leading to the bathroom. Ran was leaning his back against the wall. I pretended not to have seen him and walked past him but he grabbed me by the arm to stop me.

'Did that fucking amuse you?'

Pure anger was oozing out of him.

'Yeah, it is pretty funny to make you jealous.' I answered without missing a beat, using the exact same sentence he had used earlier that evening.

My heart skipped a beat when the glass he was holding shattered.

'Ran, your hand.' I whispered, watching the blood drip down his fingers with wide eyes.

'I'm fucking fine.' He replied through gritted teeth.

Without a word, I took his uninjured hand in mine to lead him to the bathroom before closing the door behind us. As gently as possible, I took Ran's hand in my palm to clean his fingers with a few pieces of paper. He watched me as I did so.

'You should go home and disinfect it.' I advised, throwing the dirtied pieces of papers in the trashcan. 

Ran caught my wrist and brought my fingers to his mouth. Holding my gaze captive, he brushed his lips against my knuckles. 'Thank you.'

God, he makes it so hard to forget every reason I'm supposed to be mad at him for.

'Whatever.' I pulled my hand away and opened the bathroom door to leave but someone was blocking the way.

'Y/N?' Naomi's eyes slid from me to Rindou's brother. 

Ran greeted her before quietly leaving the room.

'Are you okay?' She asked me as I closed the door behind us.

'Yeah, how about you?'

Her lips curved into a dreamy smile. She stopped in front of the mirror to re-apply her makeup. 'I feel like my relationship with Sanzu is getting better by the day.'

Our eyes met in the reflection.

'I know it's crazy but... I really like him. Like I'm actually starting to have feelings for him.' She confessed. 'Am I crazy, Y/N?'

I don't know but..

if you're crazy, then I'm crazy too.