Chapter 45

1 year later

The fancy restaurant I had just walked in looked like the inside of a palace; the lavish decorations combined with the low lighting created a rather intimate and romantic atmosphere. I mentally congratulated myself for my choice of outfit: an elegant black dress and a pair of high heels.

I sat at the bar counter and ordered a drink because I was ten minutes early. From my seat, I could see the entrance of the restaurant. My heart picked up a pace every time another person walked in but it was never the man I was waiting for.

It feels weird to be back in Tokyo after living in Seattle for a year, I thought as I took another sip of my drink.

When a blonde man walked in, I sneaked a quick disinterested glance at him but I quickly had to do a double take.

Mikey.

He had changed a lot since the last time I had seen him. The dark circles under his eyes had completely vanished. His hair was now blonde and longer. He had brushed it back, exposing more of his handsome features.

↑That's how I imagined him but just imagine him how you like ( the picture does not belong to me) 

That's how I imagined him but just imagine him how you like ( the picture does not belong to me) 

Each cell in my body was screaming for me to run up to him but I couldn't do that in front of the other customers so I tried to wait as calmly as I could for him to see me. But then, our eyes met and his whole face lit up, destroying my last bit of self control. 

Unable to resist the urge to go give him a hug, I quickly walked towards him. The restaurant and the other customers around us slowly faded into the background and it felt as if Mikey was the only thing I could see.

'Hi, Mikey!'

He wrapped one arm around my waist while his other hand went to the back of my head to pull me against him. Nuzzling his nose in the crook of my neck, he whispered his greeting against my skin. 'Hey.'

We stayed like that for a few seconds before pulling away.

'You changed your hair.' I noticed.

'Yeah, do you like it?'

Without thinking, I ran my fingers through his soft blond strands. He seemed to enjoy my touch because he closed his eyes for a moment. 

'I love it.'

And just like that, it was as if we hadn't spent a day apart.

----------------------------------------------

'What about Seattle? Do you like it?' Mikey asked me, swirling the wine in his glass.

We were now sitting at a table and a waiter had just taken our oders. I still couldn't get over how much Mikey had physically changed. Of course, the two of us had stayed in touch while I was away but we had never facetimed so I wasn't prepared to see how attractive he looked.