DAY 17

DAY 17

SM INVESTMENTS
SUTHERLAND'S OFFICE.

"These are the last of them." Sutherland's secretary, Emma, was saying as she handed him a few more documents to sign. Business was moving slower than usual due to the few hiccups they were experiencing along the way, courtesy of Felix, but it was nothing that he couldn't handle. Sutherland was able to quell the worries and suspicions of his business partners and soon things would be back to normal.

"Is that all?" Sutherland asked signing the last of the papers and Emma nodded and then picked up the files. The door to the office opened and Clay walked in, Sutherland briefly glanced at his right hand before he returned his attention back to his secretary.

"You can go." He said and with a quick nod, Emma left them to have their private conversation and closed the door behind her.

"Clemente called, we're a go on the drugs." Clay announced as soon as they were alone. Sutherland nodded satisfied and as much as he wanted to breathe a sigh of relief now that their business could move forward, he found that he was anything but satisfied and Clay picked up on this. "Do you not want to move forward with the business anymore?" Clay asked

"I'm worried." Sutherland said as Clay took the seat in front of him. "When this whole thing started we thought someone from the inside was betraying us, trying to sell info the make some cash. But now we know that's not the case, now we know that Felix is behind this." Sutherland said unaware of the fact that said boy was in his office right now hands stuffed into the pockets of his jacket, as he leaned his head back against the wall with his eyes closed. Felix was the perfect picture of serenity.

"I know you're set on believing that your kid is still alive but I'm not convinced yet, what we did that night...." Clay started but Sutherland cut him off leaning closer as he whispered in a harsh breath.

"We don't know what happened that night, after we left him for dead we don't know what the hell happened Clay." Sutherland ground out and Clay frowned in response.

"I put a bullet in the back of his head, there's no way he could've walked away from that." Clay argued still having his doubts about Felix's return.

"You're right, I didn't." Felix whispered eyes still closed as he listened to them talk.

"But he did, he walked away alive and now he's out there trying to take us apart, trying to ruin what I've worked so hard for. I'm not gonna let that happen." Sutherland said his eyes blazing with a certain greed and anger that would terrify anyone.

"What do we do?" Clay asked calmly always ready to follow his boss's orders and to solve his problems.

"Yes father, do tell. What should he do?" Felix muttered as he opened his eyes, his head was still laid back against the wall but he tilted it to the side so he could get a good look at Clay and Sutherland.

"Now that we've got the approval Paolo's going to want to move things along, send word to the lab and have them move all the drugs and the remaining cocaine into the cold room tonight, I'll arrange for transportation to come tomorrow morning." Sutherland started his mind running a mile a minute as he tried to set up everything in a way that would ensure zero chances of failure.

"And the boy?" Clay asked.

"We need to find out where he's hiding and how he's getting his information. Put a tail on Mabel, she knew that he was alive so she probably knows where he's hiding as well." Sutherland said thoughtfully and Clay nodded.

"What about friends, people he used to hang out with, or even a girlfriend?" Clay asked and Sutherland shook his head.

"You know I was very specific about the type of friends and families my kids hang out with, whoever it is that's helping him is someone we don't know, probably the same person who even helped him that night." Sutherland said thoughtfully as he continued. "So you need to go back there and do another search, knock on every house if you have to but find him and bring him to me, alive."