DAY 19

DAY 19

"Breaking news, last night Zeena Pharmaceuticals Private Lab burnt down to ashes. Residents in the area claimed to have heard the explosion and immediately reported the case but by the time the fire department arrived half of the building was already burnt down. Police are currently investigating but are yet to find out the cause of the explosion but what is clear is the extent of the damage caused. Thankfully the number of deaths and those injured are nil but the researchers at the lab have stated that they've lost a significant amount of their project including information and products about the new RD-11 drug..."

Jason muttered a curse as the news anchor continued with the briefing. He sat at a corner booth in the diner eyes focused on the TV screen up top that was showing a view of the wrecked and burnt down private lab. The diner was full and everyone seemed to have their attention stuck on the screen and were busy murmuring conspiracy theories. Casting another glance at the watch on his wrist Jason went back to looking out the window and that was when he saw her.

Adrianna walked into the diner and the bell above dinged announcing her presence, standing on the tip of her toes she looked around the packed diner and found Jason waving his arms at her, beckoning her forward. She hitched her backpack higher up on her shoulder and then walked towards his booth sliding into the opposite seat with a sigh.

"Hey." She greeted removing her backpack and placing it next to her, Jason regarded her with a look.

"Was that you?" He asked pointing a finger at the TV where they were still showing the wrecked private lab. Adrianna turned, gazed at the TV for a while, and then faced Jason again.

"You're a prosecutor and I'm not exactly on the side of the law, I think we should keep the specifics off the table, makes our jobs easier." Adrianna said and Jason frowned.

"If this is how things go down every time you try to get information I think I'd rather work on my own." Jason said and Adrianna reached into her backpack, drew out a folder, and slid it over to him. With a jerk of her chin, she urged him to open it and he did reluctantly. Inside Jason pulled out a folder and when he peeked inside three hard drives were sitting in it as well, the hard drives would have to come later. The file was a lot so he settled for skimming through the pages but what he saw made his eyes bulge out, this was good information, really good information.

"Still wanna work on your own?" Adrianna asked with a smirk knowing that what she offered was too good to pass up. Jason placed the file back in the folder and his fingers went through his hair again.

"Where's the boy, is he here?" Jason asked looking at the empty space next to Adrianna who gave a slight shake of her head in the negative. "The cocaine, I know Sutherland got the shipment from the mafia but I don't know which one?" Jason asked leaning closer so as to keep their conversation private.

"The Columbians, he's working with the Columbian mafia." Adrianna said and Jason cursed. "We didn't have a choice, they had the drugs ready for transportation we couldn't let the product hit the market." Adrianna continued defensively.

"Jesus Christ Adrianna, that cargo must've been worth over ten million dollars, do you have any idea the kind of people you just pissed off?" Jason ground out clearly angry but Adrianna pushed forward.

"Jason you need to tie the mafia with Sutherland and Linton in this case, this is the only thing we have that ties them together." Adrianna argued but Jason was still on the issue of worrying about her safety.

"For god's sake listen to me Adrianna, you reported the information about the shipment of their cocaine, stole vital information, and then set their building on fire, when these people get their hands on you they're going to kill you, do you not understand that?"