Stereo [2] - Jake Kiszka

Three shot of tequila down and Y/N was feeling the buzz as she sat on her usual bar stool doing research for the interviews.

Part of her was dreading seeing the boys again, having not seen them since their first year out of high school, but she did miss them. They were her friends for a long time, but life got busy. The band took off, she worked strange hours for the local radio station for a couple years before she moved to Nashville to work at the station with her father, so the communication between her and the boys slowed, and eventually stopped. She kept tabs on the band, still remaining one of their first, and biggest fans.

She had a headphone in, listening to her fathers broadcast as she typed. Y/F/N was busy engaging in a 'philosophical' conversation, as she had put it, with their friend Leighton that works at the bar. In reality it was just Y/F/N drunkenly arguing with Leighton as they poured drinks out for the other patrons of the bar.

"Now any Nashville natives heading out to Texas for the Austin City Limits festival should keep an eye out for our team of two that will be interviewing performers all weekend for our stations YouTube channel. I'm sure they would love to see some locals coming by to give them love, and they will have 101.9 The Studio goody bags for those who drop by to say hello." Y/D/N plugged the festival between songs, and you waved Leighton over for another shot.

"I can see you're really enjoying your time tonight Y/N, you alright?" They asked, pouring out another shot, and a large glass of water before placing them beside Y/Ns laptop.

"She has to do research for our work trip, we're going to Austin for the festival next week." Y/F/N slurred, leaning on Y/Ns shoulder.

"Alright, so I'm cutting you off after this shot." Leighton said.

Y/N shot them a look, before nodding in agreement, if she was gonna get anything done, being tequila drunk was not the way to do it.

The uber ride home was quiet. Y/F/N had fallen asleep on Y/Ns shoulder not long after they had gotten in the car. Leaving Y/N with her own thoughts, and the music on the radio as they made the journey home.

"This is Y/D/N on 101.9 The Studio, signing off for the night. I will be back tomorrow with Y/N for our weekly father daughter radio rundown. Until then folks, have a great night." Y/D/N said, the music flowing in after his send off.

The car came to a stop outside of their apartment building, and Y/N thanked their driver as she woke Y/F/N up and hoisted her out of the car.

"GOOD MORNING NASHVILLE!" Y/F/N yelled as she burst through your bedroom door. 

"How are you so chipper? You were fucked last night." Y/N said, sitting up in bed to look at her roommate as she bounced around her room.

"Just lucky I guess, also helps to have a roommate that puts out water and painkillers for you to take when you wake up." Y/F/N said as she rummaged through Y/Ns closet.

"Looking for something in particular?" Y/N asked, swinging her legs over the edge of her bed and standing up.

"I want that one top, the blue one that I like... ya know?" Y/F/N said as she continued to look through all of Y/Ns clothes.

"It's in the top drawer." Y/N said, pointing to the dresser at the end of her small walk-in closet.

Y/F/N perked up and walked over, pulling it out as a song started to play from Y/Ns phone.

"Flower power, good choice of song to start the day my friend." Y/F/N said, dancing her way out of Y/Ns room.

Y/N had not in fact started to play the song, it was the ringtone she had set for a certain member of the Kiszka family.

"Karen, hello! To what do I owe the pleasure?" Y/N asked, finally looking through her own clothes for something to wear.

"I was scrolling through Facebook this morning, came across a post from your father about you going to the Austin City Limits festival." She explained.

"Yeah, me and one of my coworkers are going out this weekend to do some interviews for the station." Y/N said, wondering why Karen would call about this.

"That's so exciting! Did you see that the boys are gonna be there?" She asked.

That's why she called...

"Yes actually, I'm going to be interviewing them on Sunday."

"Oh Y/N that's so exciting! I was going to tell the boys but I figured it would be a fun surprise, I know that they miss you." She explained.

Did they?

"It's been an awfully long time since I last saw them..." Y/N trailed off, but Karen picked up where she left off.

"Well if you'd come home more often. You're mother is always complaining that she never sees you since you moved to Nashville. Even Josh asks where you've gone when he comes home." She said.

Silence fell over the two women, the static between them giving the only noise.

"Anyways dear, just thought I'd give you a call to let you know how excited we are for you. We were wondering if you'd be coming home for thanksgiving or Christmas." She said, breaking the silence.

"Thank you Karen, it means a lot, and I'll be home for both thanksgiving and Christmas this year." Y/N replied.

"Oh good. You better come visit, we can make cookies and catch up." She suggested, making Y/N smile. Karen may not be family by blood, but she never hesitated to make Y/N feel like a part of the family when she was back in Frankenmuth. 

"Sounds like a plan to me, thank you mamma K." Y/N said, pulling her shoes on to leave for work.

"Anytime dear. We'll see you for thanksgiving." She said.

"See you then."