Window (3) - Luke Hemmings

Y/N's P.O.V -

Y/F/N and I skipped second period at school as an attempt to avoid seeing Luke, sadly it's hard to avoid someone when they are walking down the hallway towards you.

"Y/N!" Luke yelled from the far end of the hallway, catching the attention of everyone in the general vicinity.

I hastily shoved by books into my backpack and closed my locker before running down the hallway towards the exit of the school.

I walked through the front doors of the school and looked back to see Luke pushing through a group of students clogging up the hallway. Seeing that only made my feet move faster. I put my headphones in and blasted Arctic Monkeys to drown out the world around me as I made my way home.

When I finally arrived at the front door of my home, and was relieved to see that no one was home. I walked up to my room, and upon opening my bedroom door, I dropped my schoolbag onto the floor and fell onto my bed.

I must've fallen asleep, because I was woken up by my mother walking into my room.

"Why did I receive a call saying you missed multiple classes today?" She asked, sitting on the end of my bed.

"I wasn't feeling well so I came home." I answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"I forgot to, then I fell asleep when I got home. I'm sorry mom, it won't happen again." I said.

"It's okay honey, just call me next time." She replied.

"I will, I promise." I replied.

Once she had walked out of my room I got out of bed and sat at my desk, opening and turning on my laptop.

I texted one of my classmates to ask if we had any homework for english, and she promptly sent me the outline for an assignment. I thanked her, then texted Y/F/N to ask if she wanted to come over tonight, she said yes of course.

I looked out of my window at Luke's house to see his curtains open, but the lights in his room weren't on, meaning he probably wasn't home.

I worked a for a short while on my English assignment before Y/F/N came over, then the two of us sat on my bed and watched a movie.

It must've been around one o'clock in the morning, as Y/F/N and I were tucked comfortably in blankets and on the verge of sleep, when I heard my phone vibrate. I picked it up off of my bedside table and saw that I had received a text.

Luke(from next door): Hey

Luke(from next door): You cant avoid me forever

Y/N: I'm pretty sure I could.

Luke(from next door): Doubt it

Y/N: I'm great at avoiding people.

Luke(from next door): I can tell, you ran very quick at school today

Y/N: It's a talent.

Luke(from next door): My friends and I are going for a late night run to Macca's would you like to join us?

Y/N: More of an early morning run, I can't join you, Y/F/N is with me

Luke(from next door): Bring her along

Y/N: ...

Y/N: fine, we'll be outside of your house in ten minutes

I put my phone down and turned on my lamp. This caused Y/F/N, who was sleeping on the floor, to turn over and groan.

"Put on some clothes we're sneaking out." I said as I stood from my bed.

"What, where are we going?" She asked, sitting up.

"We're going to Macca's with Luke and his friends." I answered.

"Why? Aren't you avoiding Luke?" She asked in response.

"Can't avoid him forever, and I want Macca's. So get your ass up and get dressed." I said, throwing a pair of sweatpants at her.

The two of us changed, although she rejected my sweatpants, and instead changed into a pair of leggings and a jumper. I on the other hand, got dressed into a pair of sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt.

I moved my laptop and opened my window, making it simple for the two of us to climb out of my window and onto the tree just beside it.

We scurried across my lawn and came to a halt outside of Luke's front door.