9-1-1 - Evan Buckley (2)

[Three weeks later, the day of the Christmas toy drive at the station]
Y/N's P.O.V -

I love kids, I mean they always find a way to be happy, and them being happy makes me happy.

"Y/N can you help Buck at the hot chocolate station? He's making a mess." Bobby asked.

"You got it cap." I replied before making my way over to Buck, who was spilling more hot chocolate than he was getting in the cups.

"You know it's suppose to go in the cup right? Not on the table." I said.

Buck looked up at me with annoyance, which quickly faded.

"I'm just trying to get some hot chocolate for a kid." He explained.

"You're not doing to well." I replied.

He shot me a look, then went back to pouring.

"Okay Buck, go get a couple cookies, I'll pour the hot chocolate." I said, bumping him out of the way and taking the ladle and cup from his hands.

He wiped his hands on a napkin and put a couple cookies onto a plate. I poured a cup of hot chocolate, then followed him towards a little girl who was sitting alone at a table.

"Hi, would you like some hot chocolate and cookies?" I asked.

She nodded her head and smiled at the two of us as we placed the food and drink in front of her.

"Where are your parents?" I asked, leaning next to her.

"My mommy is talking to one of the firefighters." She answered.

"Alright, well would you like some company?" I asked.

She nodded her head, so I waved for Buck to gather a couple other kids that looked lonely.
He went and found a couple, bringing them over to the table and letting them all start to talk.

Buck and I left the group and walked back towards the hot chocolate booth.

"Y/N!" I heard from behind me.

I turned to see my best friend Olivia walking towards me, carrying baby Timothy in her arms.

"Olivia! Hi!" I said enthusiastically, speed-walking towards her.

I didn't realize that Buck had followed me until he spoke up.

"Who is this little guy?" He asked, looking at Timothy.

"This is my godson Timothy, and his mother, my best friend Olivia." I explained.

"He's so cute." He gushed. I swear I saw his eye twinkle.

"I've got toys in the trunk of my car, do you mind holding him for a bit?" Olivia asked, looking at me curiously.

"Of course I don't mind." I said taking Timothy from her.

His eyes lit up when he realized who it was that was holding him.

I turned to Buck, who was in awe over Timothy.

"You good Buck?" I asked.

"He's so cute." He replied, putting out his hand for Timothy, who grabbed his index finger and squeezed it.

"I know right, sometimes I convince Olivia and her husband to go out just so that I can babysit him." I said, watching Timothy as he squeezed Bucks finger.

[Later, after the toy drive is over]

We were all sat around the table, finishing one of Bobby's delicious culinary creations and talking, when I remembered something that I had brought to the station.

"I'll be right back." I said, getting up from my seat and racing down to my locker.

I grabbed the container from my locker and ran back upstairs, where everyone was sharing looks of confusion.

"I made cookies for everyone." I explained, placing the container onto the table and opening it.

Everyone's eyes lit up as they saw the cookies. Buck and Chim were the first to grab a cookie from the container.

Buck took a bite and his eyes rolled back.

"This is so good." He said, quickly going in for another bite, finishing the cookie.

"He's right, these are delicious." Chim said, nodding in agreement with Buck, who had taken another cookie.

"So you're badass, attractive, and you can bake. How are you single?" Buck asked, leaning back in his chair and taking a bite out of his cookie.

I just shrugged, noticing his smirk at the blush that rose to my cheeks.

We all ate cookies and enjoyed each other's company for a while before the crew on the nightshift were beckoned to action with the ringing of the bell.

Buck, Chim and I waved them off, then cleaned up. Once we had finished, I made my way downstairs to my locker. I gathered all of my stuff and closed my locker, leaving the locker room and heading towards the parking lot.

"Y/N wait up!" I heard Buck yell.

I turned to see him changed out of his uniform, holding his bag and keys.

"What's up Buck?" I asked.

"I just thought I'd ask if you'd want to go out for a drink." He said, his eyes scanning my face as he spoke.

"Sure, let me go get changed, then I'll meet you at the usual bar?" I suggested.

"Yeah, sounds good." He replied.