Home (1) - Whitey Winn

AU - The mining incident still happens, but when Roy Goode goes to La Belle, Frank Griffin never comes, so everyone lives.

Y/N's P.O.V -

I was born in a town called La Belle, the daughter of Andrew and Delilah Bennett. My mother died not long after I turned nine years old, and as my grandma liked to say, 'your papa was so invested in work and whores after her death, that I knew he was not going to take care of you.' So she took me away, she rode her horse from La Belle to Kansas with me holding onto her back, so that she could give me the life she thought I deserved.

My grandma passed away shorty after I got engaged to a wealthy young man named Solomon Cook. And one day, while I was out doing my errands, I went to the post office. For the first time in a long while, there was a letter addressed to my grandma and I.

I opened it and read as quickly as I could to see if there was any interesting news from La Belle, but the news was anything but good.

There was an incident in the mine in La Belle, all but five men from the town died. My father, if he hadn't already died during my absence from the town, could have been one of those men, but I could not know for sure.

"Solomon, I need to go home, just for a little while. I need to see if my father is alive." I said as I packed a case full of clothes for myself.

"You are not leaving Y/N, we are to be married in four days time!" Solomon argued, halting my packing.

"Please, I need to do this, just this one thing than I'll be home with you for the rest of our lives." I pleaded.

"No, you are not leaving and that is final!" He replied.

I stopped my packing and sat down on the bed, tears threatening to spill from my eyes as Solomon walked out of the house.

The next day as the sun rose in the sky, while Solomon was asleep, I packed my cases and saddled my horse. A map and clothes are the only belongings making the trip with me, and I won't be coming back to Kansas.

I left my ring and a note on Solomon's dresser for him to find in the morning, then I rode off, beginning my journey back to La Belle, back to my home.