P.D and Med (4) - Jay Halstead

[2 a.m]

Y/N's P.O.V -

I jolted from my slumber, darkness surrounding me. I looked around, not recognizing the room I was in.

I slid out from under the covers of the bed, my feet landing on a cool floor, sending a shiver up my spine. As I walked down the hallway of his apartment, I remembered coming to Jay's house after being at the hospital.

I walked into the kitchen and turned to see Jay laying on the couch, fast asleep, but squirming. I walked up to him and knelt to his level.

"Jay." I said, tapping his shoulder.

"Jay, you alright?" I asked, lightly shaking his shoulder.

Jay jerked awake, making me flinch away from him as he flailed his arms.

"Shit, Y/N are you alright?" He asked, looking at me as a sat on the floor in front of the couch.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay? You looked like you were having a bad dream." I said curiously, scanning his face for answers.

"Yeah, just a bad dream. What time is it?" He asked in return.

"Just after two a.m." I answered.

"Why are you awake?" He asked, sitting up on the couch.

"Couldn't sleep, every time I close my eyes I see Michelle." I explained.

He tapped the spot beside him on the couch, then offered his hand to pull me off of the floor, which I graciously took. I sat beside him and stared ahead at the wall.

[2:45 a.m]

Jay and I sat for a long while in silence before either of us said anything. I stood from the couch and held my hand out for him.

"Come on." I said.

"What?" He asked, a curious look strewn across his face.

"I can't sleep, you can't sleep well, but I know that I'll sleep better knowing you're right beside me." I said, being honest.

He nodded his head, and took my hand, following me to his bedroom. The two of us sat on his bed, pulling the covers over ourselves.

"Keep it PG Halstead." I said, causing him to chuckle lightly.

"I could say the same to you Y/L/N." He quipped.

"Goodnight Jay." I said, pulling the covers tight over myself.

"Technically it's morning." He replied.

"Shut up." I said.

"Hey, Y/N." He said.

"What Jay?" I asked.

"Can we have a redo?" He asked.

"What?" I asked.

"A redo, our date got cut short." He explained.

"Yeah Jay, we can have a redo." I said.

"Tonight?" He asked.

"Sure, we can figure it out when we wake up." I said.

"Okay." He replied.

I closed my eyes and found myself dozing off when I felt his arm wrap around my waist, taking my hand and intertwining his fingers with my own.