Teacher (1)- Calum Hood

Writing this for a friend—————Lauren's P

—————
Lauren's P.O.V -

"I swear, one day I am going to strangle one of these kids." I said, sitting down across from my best friend.

"I feel like that all the time, but I don't feel like getting fired." Hannah said from the other side of the table.

"At this point in the term, I only enjoy teaching one of my classes." I said.

"Let me guess, your third period class." She replied, taking a bite out of her baby carrot once she had finished speaking.

"It's the only good class I've got." I exclaimed, opening my lunch box as I spoke.

"I mean, you have your free block, no kids to bug you. But I understand, your third block is the only class with students that want to be there." She said.

"That's not entirely true, there are a few kids in my other classes that want to be there everyday, they just happen to be stuck with more students that hate being in the class." I explained.

"At least your students don't fall asleep while you're teaching." She said, leaning back in her chair.

"True, can't say I've had that issue." I replied.

"I can't blame them though, I fell asleep during my history class all the time when I was their age." She said.

"I don't doubt it." I said, a small laugh coming from both of us.

"I was a terrible student, how did I become a teacher?" She asked.

"I mean, your behavior in class was apparently terrible from the stories you've told me, but we've both seen your school records, you were an A student." I answered.

"So were you. You had a less than perfect attendance record though." She said.

I nodded my head in agreement, but I stopped listening to what she was saying when someone across the teachers lounge caught my attention.

Sitting at his table with a few other teachers, Mr. Calum Hood sat laughing at something one of them said. 

"Lauren... LAUREN." Hannah said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I asked, turning my head to face her.

"Do you want to go to the bar tonight?" She asked in response.

"Yeah, meet at seven?" I said.

"Let's meet at eight, I have essays to grade." She replied.

I was about to reply when the bell rang, making all of the teachers in the lounge stand from their seats.

"I'll meet you at eight. If you beat me there, order me a rum and coke." Hannah said, standing up from her chair.

"If you beat me-" I started.

"Two shots of tequila and a lemonade." Hannah interrupted.

"You know me so well." I said, standing up.

"I'll see you tonight." She replied before walking out of the teachers lounge.