P.D and Med (6) - Jay Halstead

[Monday, March 13th, 8:32 a.m]

Y/N's P.O.V -

"Nathan you've got to hurry up, we should have left by now." I said to my brother as he raced around his apartment trying to get his shit together.

"I'm going as fast as I can." He mumbled, a piece of toast dangling from his mouth.

"You look fine. Put on your shoes and let's go. I'll give you gum in the car." I replied, opening his front door and walking out.

He followed close behind. Locking his door before racing me to my car.

I drove as fast as legally possible to get to our destination, as not to piss off the woman I begged to meet my brother.

I found a parking spot, and got out of the car, my brother only steps behind me as I walked into the station.

"Sergeant Platt, so good to see you. I hope we're not late." I said walking up to the front desk.

She walked out from behind the desk, giving me a small hug.

"You're just on time. This must be Nathan." She said, looking from myself to my brother.

"So nice to meet you Sergeant, I've heard so much about you." He said, putting out his hand to shake.

She shook it, a smile creeping onto her face.

"Only bad I hope." She said, looking to me.

"All the worst, you won't have to worry about him stepping out of line." I replied, smiling back at her.

Platt has struck up a conversation with my brother about how he's been doing in the academy, when I heard my name being called from across the room. I turned to see Adam walking by with paperwork in his hand.

"Hey Adam, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm good, what are you doing here?" He asked in return.

"I convinced Platt to let me brother go for a ride along. He's in the academy, thought it would be good for him to see what it'll be like on the job." I answered.

"Cool, well this paperwork isn't gonna do itself, I'll see you tonight yeah?" He asked, slowly backing away.

"Yeah." I replied with a smile.

Jay's P.O.V -

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and looked up to see Adam walking into the room.

"Yo Halstead, your girlfriend is downstairs." He said.

I looked at him curiously, but he had already sat down at his desk and buried himself in paperwork.

Y/N's P.O.V -

My brother had just left with Platt to meet the officer he'd be riding along with today, when I again heard my name being called.

I turned to see a somewhat panicked looking Jay speed-walking down the stairs towards me.

"Y/N, what are you doing here? Are you alright?" He said, suddenly bombarding me with questions.

"Jay, calm down. I'm fine, everything is fine." I said, taking a step towards him and placing my hands on his chest.

"Why are you here then?" He asked, still a bit of confusion on his face.

"My brother is going for his ride along today." I answered.

"Is that today, I totally forgot." He said.

There was a moment of silence, before he shook his head, a smile breaking out on his face.

"I just realized I didn't even say hello." He said, looking deeply into my eyes.

"Hi." I said, giving him a warm smile.

"Hi" he replied, grabbing my hands and moving the around his shoulders.

He leaned down and connected our lips, but the kiss lasted what seemed to be only a second before we were interrupted.

"Halstead, get upstairs, Voight is looking for you." Kevin said from the door to the intelligence area.

Jay sighed, our foreheads touching still as he opened his mouth to reply.

"I'll be up in a minute." He said.

He looked at me, his smile faltering slightly.

"Go be a hero Halstead, I'll see you at Molly's tonight." I said kissing his cheek.

"See you tonight." He replied, before turning and walking up the stairs.