Hairspray - Steve Harrington [3]

[Friday, December 7, 1984]
Y/N's P.O.V -

In an attempt to keep myself sane, I decided to skip my history class. Instead I walked towards the gym. I looked through the back doors, my eyes looking around the room for a specific head of hair.

"Looking for Harrington?" Billy asked, walking up to me.

"Yes actually, have you seen him?" I asked in return.

"He just went to get some water, should be back in a minute." He answered.

"Thanks." I replied.

He walked back towards his classmates, and the door to the gym opened, revealing a tired looking Steve Harrington.

"Harrington, you've got a visitor." Billy stated, pointing in my direction.

Steve turned to face me, a smile appearing on his face. He jogged over, coming to a halt in front of me.

"Hey Smalls, what's up?" He asked.

"Can I borrow your car?" I asked.

"Why?" He asked in response.

"I'm skipping this period, and I want to go get lunch." I explained.

"What do I get out of this?" He asked, making me roll my eyes.

"I'll fill the tank, and buy you food." I said.

"Deal, so what's for lunch?" He asked.

"KFC." I said, making his eyes go wide with excitement.

"Okay, I'll go grab my keys, wait here." He said, turning and walking away.

"Not like I could go anywhere." I said, shrugging my shoulders and leaning on the doorframe.

Steve returned a couple minutes later, his car keys hanging from his finger.

"Here, meet in the parking lot for lunch?" He asked.

"Yup." I replied.

He tossed me the keys, then turned back to his classmates. I made my way to his car, playing with the key ring in my hand as I walked.

Steve's P.O.V -

I gave my car keys to Y/N, then walked back towards my classmates, waiting for instructions from our teacher.

"What did your girlfriend want?" Tommy asked.

"She's not my girlfriend." I replied, refusing to look at his face, knowing he would have a stupid look spread across it.

"The question remains, what did she want?" He repeated.

"She needed my car keys." I answered.

"Why?" He asked, pushing his limits.

"Cause she doesn't have a car." I replied.

"So you let her borrow yours?" He asked.

"I thought that was implied when I told you that I gave her my car keys." I said, my patience wearing thin.

"That sure sounds-" Tommy started.

"Tommy, shut the fuck up, no one cares." Billy said.

Tommy shut up after that comment, thank god.

Y/N's P.O.V

I drove to KFC to get food for Steve and I, then went to the gas station on the way back to school to fill the tank in Steve's car.

When I finally got back to the school, it looked like the bell had just rung, as students were making their way out of the school.

Steve was stood at the edge of his parking spot waiting when I pulled in, and quickly sat on the back of the car once I had turned off the engine.

I got out of the seat, bag of food in hand, and made my way around the car. I handed Steve the food, and walked back to the front of the car, grabbing our drinks.

I shut the car door with my hip, and walked to the back of the car, handing one drink to Steve before hopping onto the back.

"So my parents are out of town." He stated before taking a bite of his chicken.

"Again?" I asked.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Should I bring the beer or the snacks?" I asked.

"You get the snacks, I'll get the beer."