Home (2) - Whitey Winn

Y/N's P.O.V -

It was late in the afternoon when I at last arrived in La Belle. Faces turned as I rode through the street towards the hotel.

I dismounted my horse, and took my two cases from off of it's back before making my in through the doors of the hotel.

"Evening ma'am, what can I do for you?" A woman begins the desk asked.

"Evening to you, I need a room." I answered with a smile.

"For how long? And who's name will it be under?" She asked, opening a book and picking up a pencil.

As she wrote I recognized her face, her voice, her stature, Charlotte Temple, the woman who often took care of me when my grandmother was unable to.

"For as long as you long as you ladies will have me, and please put it under the name Y/N Bennett." I said.

Her eyes lifted from the book, and she dropped the pencil, her gaze shifting to me.

"Bennett, Y/N my god is that really you?" She asked.

"It it really me Charlotte." I answered.

"How long has it been?" She asked.

"It's been ten years." I said.

"You were so young when your grandmother took you away, we all missed you so much." She said, walking around the desk and embracing me in a hug.

"I messed La Belle, and everyone in it." I replied, hugging her back.

"Oh Y/N, you must have heard about the accident in the mine." She said as we parted.

"It's why I came so quickly, there was nothing in the letter about my father, but I needed to find out in person." I said.

"I'm so sorry, your father died in the mine." She said with a sorrow look on her face.

I never had the best relationship with my father, he spent most of his days ignoring me, but it still hurts knowing that he is gone.

"Let me take your bags up to your room Y/N, you go to the bar and take some time to process." Charlotte said, picking up my cases from the floor.

I nodded in agreement, then turned on my heels and walked to the bar.

I walked though the doors, and a few heads turned to look at me.

"Barkeep, a bottle of whiskey, and one glass please." I requested as I hung up my coat.

"Make it two glasses."