P.D and Med (3) - Jay Halstead

[8:55 a.m]
Y/N's P.O.V -

As I stared at myself in the mirror, fidgeting with my outfit, I heard my phone vibrating on the counter.

I walked over and picked it up, seeing that Jay had texted me.

Jay: Hey, I'm downstairs
Y/N: Great, I'm on my way.

I grabbed my purse and keys, making my way out of my apartment. I hastily walked down the stairs, seeing as the elevator was in use.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs I walked out of the building, seeing a car just outside the entrance with a familiar man leaning against it.

"Good morning Y/N, you look amazing." He complimented, opening the passengers side door for me as I walked towards him.

"You don't look too bad yourself Jay." I said, getting into his truck.

When we arrived at Benji's, Jay was quick to get out of the truck and open my door for me.

The two of us walked into the restaurant, which was very empty. There were only a handful of people sitting at the tables.

"Y/N! It's been too long, how are you?" Benji asked.

"I am great Benji, how are the kids?" I asked.

"They are fantastic." He answered.

"That's awesome." I replied.

"Who is this gentleman?" Benji asked, looking at Jay.

"Benji, this is Jay. Jay, this is Benji, his family owns the restaurant." I explained.

They shook hands and nodded at each other.

"Nice to meet you Benji." Jay said.

[9:30 a.m]

Jay and I were half way through our meals when a car blew past the restaurant, bullets shattering the window.

Within a fraction of a second I went from my chair to the floor, watching around me as a bullet hit a woman who was sitting at the counter.

"Jay?" I said, looking around.

The shooting had stopped, and people were all hidden under tables and behind the counter.

I looked to my right and saw the woman who had been shot, so I ran to her.

"Benji! Benji are you alright!?" I yelled.

"I'm good!" Benji yelled back.

"I need the med kit I made for the restaurant and as many towels as you can bring me!" I said, holding pressure on the woman's wound.

Benji came running out from the back of the restaurant with his arms full.

"Benji I need you to put pressure on her wound while I check for others who were shot." I said.

Benji dropped all of the supplies and placed his hands on top of mine, leaving just enough space for me to slide my hands out from under his.

I stood up and walked away from the woman.

"Has anyone else been shot?" I asked.

"My little girl, please help." A woman sobbed.

I ran over and sat over the little girl, immediately putting pressure on her wound, a single bullet wound to the abdomen.

"Has anyone called for an ambulance?" I asked.

"I did, they're on the way." Jay said, walking back into the restaurant.