36| The Phone

A D O R I N G
A N N A L I S E
Chapter Thirty Six

All day I've felt like I'm standing on a thin rope

At any moment, I have the option of falling to either side. To my left sits a deep pool of a brewing panic attack, and my right is a boiling spa of anger.

The confusing part is that I don't know why.

I use to wake up every morning like this. Deciding how I was going to spend my day. I think this is all because for so long I've felt content, and that makes me feel guilty.

While I've been spending so much time going out with Isla, or visiting Halle, or having a dinner at Reggie's townhouse, or seeing Scott everyday- my sister is still missing.

I do my best to find any conclusions to follow, but I'm empty handed. The police case is still active, and that's also a dead end.

Nothing.
Nothing.
Nothing.

It's unfair. She's now a sixteen year old girl who had a bright future ahead of her. All the plans we'd made- gone. All those movie marathons she wanted- gone.

"What about light blue ones?" Scott Walker suggests. I bite my lip and try to picture having cushions that colour of my white sofa.

"No, it'll look good, but it won't match." I sigh and place my hands on my hips. "What about forest green ones? In satin? Like the jacket over there."

I point my my- Lilly's old jacket sitting on the kitchen island. Not only was it the perfect colour, it's close to the shade of his eyes.

Scott hums. "That would actually be really good. You can get plants to match too."

I laugh. "I didn't know I hired you as my interior designer." I quickly put the purchase through on my phone since I finally had motivation to look at buying pillows for my sofa.

Scott spends so much time here, that I figured I may as well ask his opinion. Despite that I ignored the blue ones and picked my own.

He grins and playfully rolls his eyes, all while sitting down on the couch and pulling me with him. I have my legs either side of him- straddling his lap with arms looped behind his neck.

"Speaking of greens, you haven't shown me how you put on your little lacy outfit yet."

Fingers trace patterns on my back where Blondie had snuck his hand beneath the martial of my white shirt. "That's because you hadn't asked."

I pretend not to notice that I'd 'accidentally' rolled my hips subtly against his. He has to leave for work shortly, so I know he has to hold himself back. I simply wanted to put him on edge.

"Can I stay tonight? Maybe then you can show me your technique to put it on, and then I'll show you how I take it off." His hands grab my sides so I can't make any more movements.