CHAPTER 2-1.2

the next day the hangover wasnt as bad as yesterday.

everyone went hard the other night because it was the last day before school so i guess thats why i felt like death.

i got up and showered before throwing on a pair of black jeans and a white tank top and blue hoodie jacket before brushing my hair and doing my normal black smokey eye make up.

jenna was out at collage already so i just grabbed my money off the side grabbing my meds that she had laying out before running out the front door before i could see anyone.

matt said he would drive me to school this morning since i didnt wanna walk so he pulls up outside and climb in.

"take your meds i can see them in your hand" he says reaching behind him into the back grabbing his team water bottle making me huff.

"yes dad" i mutter taking it off him taking a sip before taking my meds.

"its important" he says starting his car looking at me.

"drive wanker" i tell him rolling my eyes making him chuckle.

"The battle of willow creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls."mr tanner says walking around at the front of our class.

this is one of the many classes that ive always hated.

history.

mr tanner is an asshole.

"How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?" he asks looking over at bonnie, she frowns thinking to herself for a moment before shaking her head,

"Um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot. " she says pointing at him thinking taht he would agree

" Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett." he replies snarkily making me scoff and shake my head,.

"miss gilbert what about you?" he ask looking over at me making me look at him frowning" you too hungover to tell us or have you sobered up now?" he asks making me smirk and stick my middle finger up at him.

i might have ran into him a few times during the summer on MDMA, wasnt fun.

"Mr. Donovan. Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" he asks looking at matt next to me.

"It's ok, Mr Tanner, I'm cool with it." matt replies back sitting bakc in his chair smiling.

"Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"mr tanner says looking at my sister at the front of the class

"I'm sorry, I-- I don't know." she says quietly shaking her head

" i was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break. " he tells her making me scoff loudly.

"asshole-" i go to say but someone cuts me off.

"There were 346 casualties, Unless you're counting local civilians." a voice says infront of me making me sigh.

"That's correct. Mister... "tanner says looking at the boy infront of me.

"Salvatore" stefan replies shortly.

"Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at mystic falls? "tanner asks crossing his arms looking at stefan.

"Distant."stefan replies nodding.

"Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle. "tanner says turning around looking at the bord

"Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss"stefan explains making us all look aty him like he has two head.