CHAPTER 2

The early morning sunlight, soft and diffuse, gives way to the first strong rays of the day, bringing in the only warmth that he has in his life.

Ashwin lazily opened his eyes and probbed for his alarm and turned it off. He reached out toward the curtain and drew it aside in one strong motion letting the sunlight in.

Ashwin then got freshen up and came downstairs in casuals. He made his own breakfast and had it. Ashwin is literally in love with his 'perfect' solitary life so there aren't any maids there. Once done, he went back to his room to get ready for office.

Ashwin is staring at his reflection on the mirror with medications on his right palm and a glass of water on his other hand. These medicines helps him to reduce hypertension. The business suit laid over his skin as a soul-coffin; as if his child self was buried a long time ago. Perhaps over the decades the layers got so deep that inner child in him got buried in sorrows, it was too hard to resurface. He brushed off his thoughts and took his medicines and swiftly drove to his office.

At His Office

Gathering all the attentions as he made his way to his cabin with every stride. Though he knows that all eyes are on him, he doesn't care much to be bothered, Especially female ones. He went to his cabin and checked his schedule for the day from his PA. He had some meetings to attend.

He was also doing some renovation works to this office to make sure that it is comfortable for Sathya ma when she comes. Arrangements for him to move in to India in a month were going as well.

* time skipped to evening

After attending few meetings,
Ashwin was walking back to his cabin. Some of the female employees packing they're things to leave were eyeing on him as if they were gonna eat him. That's when he received a call, a genuine smile crept through his face seeing the caller Id.

"Hi Baby"

"Ennada pakkathula yaravadhu sight adikirangala?"

" Ma adhu vandhu..."

"Adha divert panradhukaga ennaku ice'uh vekira, adhane?" Sathya ma asked teasingly.

Ashwin noticed the employees face which has shrunken hearing the word 'Baby'. He raised his eyebrow at them asking what. They quickly went back to work. Ashwin smirked.
Soon as he was inside his cabin

" Ma epdi ma? "

"Adhu ellam apdhidhan, seri seri anga work'ellam epdhi poguthu?"

"all good, ma. Anga ellam epdhi poguthu?"

"Hmm good, good. Irundhalum nee ipdi irundha kadaisila unkuda end up aga pora ponnu, avlothan po!"

"Ma, why is this always about ending up with someone?" Ashwin asked slightly irritated about this preparations his mother has been doing to get him married.

"OK, OK, don't get tensed. BTW before you move out from there, make sure you spend your time real well. Nee vena paru inga vandha odhane un life'eh marapoguthu" Sathya told him.

"apdi yenna perusa mara poguthu?" Ashwin asked sarcastically.

"Maarum da, nee vena paru." Sathya said.

"Edho solra.... Seri OK I'll call you later. Bye take care." and he hung up.

Ashwin then took a sip of his coffee that has turn cold right now. Walked to the huge window that stood as a portal of light from which he could see the world. Gazing through the city lights. Ashwin whispered to himself

"Apdhi Yenna mara poguthu?"

Without knowing that EVERYTHING is yet to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone. first of all, thank you so much to everyone who added my story to their reading list. Really didn't expect that, truly overwhelmed thank you so much for your support.