CHAPTER 35

After an unusually hectic day, Shivanya finally reached home.

It was strange when Daadi actually gave her some files and works to go through but she didn't ask her anything.

As she was about to enter, she noticed that the empty big bungalow beside the Mishra Villa's was being occupied. Thanks to her height she couldn't possibly see much through the bushes but could see some well modeled cars.

She lowered her car window and enquired the security whom they were. He gave her a weird reaction and laughed to himself. Shivanya was very well convinced that this man has been possessed.
Unga veetuku poi parunga ma, theriyum

Shivanya stared back at him with utmost confusion as he left grinning. She was very much concerned for him and just drove inside.

Once she entered her house, she noticed that everyone, literally were busy. One was talking on the phone, one was running to the kitchen, one was going out.
When did people in this house become so active?

Suja: Yennama ipdiye nindhuttu irukka, seekrom poi koolichitti, saptu thoongu po.

Suja ma came out of nowhere, pushing her to her room. Shivanya couldn't understand anything but was too tired to ask them.

She came out after refreshing and saw that her food was already on her room. She just ate it and slept.
~

Shivanya stood completely thunderstruck by seeing all the familiar cars parked in front of her in the early morning.

The house was adorned with garlands of flowers and beautiful lights. Yet that wasn't enough, decoraters were still working on making the big villas look like a enormous Christmas tree.
There were barely any space for her to stand at the doorway since there were people who kept walking in and out.

Shivanya squinting her eyes, thought to herself,
Why is everyone here?
Is it any festival day today?
Ivanga avlo sadharnama vara mattangale?

Before she could answer her own questions, she squeezed by probably, a ten of her cousins who came marching towards her.
She stood froze unable to even breathe or process.

These people who would barely be bothered by her existence were hugging her and asking for her well beings. What stunned her more was those nosy fuzzy aunts and uncles were also pouring their 'affection'.

If only Pravi hadn't came to her rescue and send them all into the house. Shivanya would have literally ran away and get herself admitted in a mental hospital. But one thing she knew for sure,

Nambala yedho panna poranga...
~

P: You're getting engaged in two days , Paagal!
S: I'm getting engaged in ... Wait, I'M GETTING WHAT !?

Avantika and Chandu who were also in the room, chuckled at her sudden reaction,
A: E-N-G-A-G-E-D... ENGAGED

Avantika spelled out each word for her.

S: Amma, English teacher'uh ennakum spelling'lam theriyum.. Ana yaara kettu idhellam panringa? .. Idhu yenna thideernu? Pravi nee kuda yenkitta sollala? Yenna nadakudhu inga!? Aiyoo!! Mujhe kuchh samajh nei raha!
(I can't even understand anything!)

She declaimed pacing around her room restlessly . None Pravi or Avantika could even keep up with her. Pravi tried to calm her,
P: Shivu, meree bat suno (listen to me), it's just an engagement. They're just here to meet you now. Y-

S: It's not a JUST to me!

Shivu!
Shivu!
Shivu!