Epilogue 1

Ma, yenga ma kootitu pora?!

S: Bas chup raho aur aao, Ashwin!
(Just keep quiet and come, Ashwin!)
A: Ayiram vatti! -.... You know what? Forget it!

Ashwin was deeply miffed by Shivanya's sudden behaviour of blindfolding his eyes and dragging him to somewhere at their backyard. He stumbled unable to keep up with her pace.

Everytime she comes up with surprises, Ashwin always manages to crack it up without spoiling her excitement because he knows how much she tries.

But this time he really couldn't guess what it is as there wasn't any special occasions that day, which frustrated him more not to forget how many times he had almost tripped with blindfolded eyes.

After they came to a stop, Shivanya went behind him and tip toed to unfold his blind.
Ashwin blinked and opened his eyes to find a beautiful gift box laid in a table that was adorned with butterfly lights in front of him.

He squinted his eyes at it and turned to Shivanya who was nervously smiling at him. He smiled quizzically at her for some explanation, she nudged him to open it.

Ashwin slowly opened the box cover and found something inside. He picked it up, twisted and turned it to figure out what it actually was, but Ashwin being Ashwin as usual didn't know. He cluelessly turned to Shivanya who had her fingers crossed,
A: Yenama idhu?

Shivanya glared at him upsetly with her hands on her hips. She started shouting in anger,
S: Nee yenna manushan?! Idhu kudha therila! Unalam yepdhi MD akunanga!
A: Yen ma?

Ashwin whined not knowing what kind of important thing in the world has he missed throughout his existence whereas she face palmed herself.
S: At least adha yavadhu paru!

Shivanya pointed back at the box, Ashwin reached back at it again looking for if there was anything else in it. There was indeed, it was an envelope. Ashwin picked it up and found a card in it,

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Ashwin widened his eyes at the card and looked back inside the envelope to find something else

Ashwin widened his eyes at the card and looked back inside the envelope to find something else. It was a Polaroid of a fetal scan.

Ashwin couldn't believe his eyes when the realisation hit him.
Sudden headaches, mood swings and food cravings.
His whole world stopped for a moment. He jerked his head towards Shivanya who was smiling at him with tears flowing from her eyes. She nodded and said,

Six weeks!

Ashwin breathed hard, he reached out for his pill bottle from his pocket and gulped as many that fell in his palm. He didn't even need water.

Shivanya chuckled and hugged him tight,
Congratulations, MD sir!

Ashwin hugged her back with tears and a huge smile tookover his features. They stayed like that for a while until Shivanya broke the hug,

S: And that Mr. Ashwin Kumar is a pregnancy test kit. Dheivasenju inime andha madhiri kelvilam kekadha!

She said pointing at the test kit which he took out of the box at first. Ashwin scratched the back of his head chuckling embarrassingly.

A: Yen munnadhiye sollala?
S: En style'la surprising'ah sollalam'nu dhan!

Shivanya said raising her imaginary collar whilst winking at him. Ashwin laughed before hoisting her up in the air and spinned making her laugh.

A: And you finally did surprise me!
S: Yeah!.... Wait wha-

Before she could finish, he crashed his lips on hers before putting her down.
__________________________

The next nine months was a roller coaster. Shivanya was forced to drink and eat almost all kinds of healthy stuffs that ever existed. She kept ranting and complaining about why do they even existed and only Ashwin's stern typical tone did the trick. Yet he always made sure to make up to it by obliging her midnight cravings.

But more than Shivanya, Ashwin was the one who seemed to have more mood swings making Sathya, who came to stay and take care of Shivanya occasionally, wonder who is pregnant after all.

He would affectionately and calmly come to check on her. For one moment, he shines as the perfect caring husband

Until if there was any medicines Shivanya has missed out or any healthy supplements she won't eat and drink.

Now that's where the real Ashwin pops out lecturing her for the next half day while feeding her.

Naa sonenla? Adhu oru Angry bird'nu?

Shivanya whispered to Sathya once when Ashwin was out of their sight after presenting a demo once. Sathya chuckled and ruffled her hair.
Deep down she was happy and proud of how much of a better person he had become.

Thanks to this chirpy human who entered their lives to fill the void they never knew existed.

No wonder her son doesn't even mind writing lines now as punishment for everytime he messes up something.She was worth it. Ashwin was pretty sure that his English teacher would be proud of how much of a very good 'writer' he had become, for accidently breaking his bite sized girls favourite table centrepiece that was gifted by her John Uncle.

Kathir and John were the only one to pamper and support her when it comes to helping Shivanya escape from some of those disgusting smoothies and healthy drinks whereas the others were very much keen on it after Ashwin's strict orders.

Avantika found immense joy in deliberately recommending and stuffing Ashwin's brain with more dreadful healthy drinks for Shivanya which made her want to kill Avantika.

Kathir and Teju's boy was named as Vishwa. He had the features of his mother but a carbon copy of his father's attitude. He was the most excited after finding out that it was a girl.

Shant and Avantika eventually got registered marriage and were living their lives to the fullest. Chandu has already become protective over his little sister who was yet to be born with Vishwa teasing him now and then, everytime they gather up.

After much desperation from Shivanya, Ashwin managed to develop a decent friendship with Shant. Yet every second Shant was in the same room, Ashwin hands would always be wrapped around her waist.

Not to forget, her friends or her first family. Pragi, Sam and Shakthi were very adamant to take full responsibility of the nursery room. They were the one who painted and arranged the entire room. Pravi took responsibility of toys and any additional arrangements.

Shivanya felt no lesser than the most luckiest and precious person in the world. She now had a family, something she had always been afraid if she'll never have.
She had tiny human inside her womb, giving her an energetic kick everytime she gets sick as a reminder that it's all worth it.

Above everything, she has a husband who wouldn't think twice to spend an entire night being beside her, sacrificing his sleep to take care of her when she gets sick or cravings.
When her hormones get the good of her and make her emotional for everything he does for her, Ashwin would just plant a long kiss on her forehead and whisper,

I promised to always be with you, nee thane ma sonnae?

==================
There is epilogue 2!!!