CHAPTER 31

*3 months later

Kathir and Teju's wedding was a very successful event. The couples eyes brimmed with happiness.
Ashwin's were fixed on the entrance for the whole the whole time.

He was expecting for her to come and was quite prepared to give her a piece of his mind. But to his dismay she didn't come or more like she couldn't.

She excused to Kathir and Teju that her physiotherapist advised her to not make long travels and daadi too is strict about it.

But both Ashwin and Kathir knows why she didn't come.

Cause if she did, they'll have to meet.
_____________________

Sathya ma is checking her things that she has packed. She is all set to go to LA on the next day morning. Ashwin came to her room and slumped on the couch beside.

Sathya has been noticing his behaviour lately and his health that was becoming much better recently has again started to worsen. He had become more lean and grumpy to be honest.

He was scrolling through his phone. She went near him and sat on the couch. Ashwin looked up and she asked him to lie on her lap.

He did and was very careful to not have eye contact. He continued scrolling through his phone. Suddenly Sathya ma pulled the phone from him and placed it on the table beside.
Ashwin just looked at her questioningly, she slowly caressed his hair

You better tell me everything now.
___________________

Sathya was just carefully listening to him as he told her, not everything, but enough for her to understand the situation.
A: I really can't understand why is she pushing me away ma... Kovathula ipdi selfish'ane mudhivu edhupanu naa nenaikave illa! Ava thane vittutu ponna, avale vara varaikum, na avala paaka kooda matten!

Sathya sighed,

Sa: Ashwin you know un Amma yerandhona unga appa yaar kittayum pesa kuda illa, kadaisi varaikum, nyabagam irukka?

Ashwin closed his eyes, suppressing the tears and nodded.
How could he forget how his father literally isolated himself from everyone even Ashwin himself.
He had barely talked to even Sathya who was forcibly married to him for Ashwin's sake. They lived like two unknown housemates in the same house.

Sa: Adhu yen'nu nee nenaikira?

Ashwin shrugged his shoulders. Sathya smiled,

Sa: He was afraid of another heartbreak. Adhukaga avaru coward'lam illa, he was just hurt, fragile and lost. Kadaisi varaikum veliya vara mudhiyama, avara veliya kondhuvaravum yarum illama...

She huffed, Ashwin understood and held her hand that was on his hair.

Sa: But still he made sure that you don't drown in the lose and gave you a mother, he gave me a son. Which is exactly what Shivanya is doing, unakku puridha?

Ashwin nodded negatively, Sathya smiled warmly

Sa: I think she's just scared and maybe even insecured da from whatever arguments you guys actually had , but at the same time she is also strong enough to make sure that her struggles don't get you. Ippo puridha?

Ashwin sat up as he finally realised.

How come he didn't think of things like this?

He has only been thinking from his side, just like all the other time.

He thought that she left because she was angry and wanted to see him suffer or had dumped him, but now he remembered that Shivanya is a very fragile person.

Ashwin now realised why Sathya and Kathir has always advised him to control his anger.
Only after seeing his loved ones or most loved one suffering for it.

Sathya just watched her son's face that was lost in million thoughts with a smile. She deep inside was happy that Ashwin finally started caring for someone, actually.
Ashwin has never been a caring or at least sympathetic person really. He only cared about people in his own tiny circle whereas treats the other only the way he should. It's just politeness.

Shivanya was the first and only person to break his ices without even both of them realising it.

As Ashwin says,
Destiny I guess 😉

She chuckled at him, he looked at her pouting with questioning look,
A: Paiyan inga yenna panradhunu theriyama kavalaila irukken, nee sirikura?
Sa: Ama, idhukkudan munna pinnadi manushanga kuda pesi palaguna theriyum, unnaku yeng-

Sathya said teasingly but Ashwin heart felt a huge lump. He finally acknowledged to whom did that actually suited well. Sathya caressed his cheek,

Sa: Romba yosikadhada. I know Shivanya myself and she has gone through a lot. You can still go for her but remember make sure that you're strong and better enough for her to hold on you. Sometimes care and love panna mattum pattadhu Ashwin, tight'ah pudichikanum. Adhuvum mukkiyam..

Ashwin smiled and hugged her tight. She too hugged him back.

Though he had always been guilty of how she had to sacrifice her whole life for him, he will always be lucky to have her in his life.
____________________

*Another three months later

Shivanya's slowly strolled through their huge tea plantation. The cold breeze kept hitting making her hair to keep flying and hiding her face. She tucked them behind her ears and held tight to her cardigan.

It's been a month since she joined her Daadi in this business. She didn't really have any works actually, not at all to be honest. She just had to come and check if everything's in order. The rest of the time she is just plainly free, too free.

Shivanya doesn't like what she is doing but still she is thankful for it. It's a place more than enough for her to heal herself from everything and keep herself away from him.

Shivanya still constantly calls her friends almost every day and that's how she got to know that Ashwin is doing fine.

She was happy that he had moved on and didn't make things more complicated.

She didn't forget anything yet, not at all but she wants to leave those only most happy days of her life , uncorrupted by any other hard ones.

Suddenly Shivanya felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned and saw the factory manager, Shant holding a jacket in his hand.
Shivanya was confused, he just smiled widely and wrapped the jacket around her shoulders.

Sh: Kaathu romba vegama adhikudhu'nga, Adhaan. Neenga nadhanga. Bye

He waved at her smiling sheepishly and ran away blushing, scratching his head.

Shivanya just stood rooted to the ground watching him go, holding the jacket to avoid dropping it. She sighed and looked up to the sky, glaring,

Anju nimisham nimadhiya nadhantha kuda pudhikadhu dhane? Sadist!

==========================

Shant, 25. Working as a Chief Manager in Vasugi's Tea plantation factory. Looks after everything there. Settled in Ooty for four years now.
Self-made and cheerful person. He has a mother and lives in a small bungalow he bought not too far from the Mishra's villas.
==========================

🌠 Believe in Destiny.