CHAPTER 44

Ashwin watched Shivanya munching her toast with trepidation written all over her face.
He couldn't understand what was she even nervous about on her first day of joining back on work, when she could shut off the CEO himself with the snap of her fingers.

But Shivanya herself couldn't help it. Because she wasn't just joining back on her old position, she was joining as the new marketing manager after Teju resigned.

Teju resigned to spend the next few years cherishing her motherhood as she always wished for.

She checked her appearance for the million time pacing around her room when Ashwin knocked on her door to check on her.

She nodded him to come in while she brushed her already perfectly hair.

Ashwin went to her and hugged her from behind after intertwining their hands. She rested her head on his shoulder. Ashwin rested his head on hers and asked ,
A: What are you even nervous of?
S: Humans

Ashwin chuckled,
Is this the same girl who used to advice him to not judge the exact same humans and be more friendly with them?

A: You are the new Marketing manager! You should be excited!
S: I am excited Ashwin but adha vidha innum nervous'ah iruku. New position, new responsibilities.
A: Nee romba yosikira ma, you'll be fine.
S: Nee paravala CEO, easy'ah vela vechitu vetti'ah irrupe, nanga apdiya? Nandhane uyire kooduthu vela seiyanum

Ashwin rolled his eyes at her dramatic brags. She'll never get tired of pointing out that one time when she was busy with her work and caught him stealing glances at her. She was very quick to judge that that's what he does all the time behind those tinted glasses.

Shivanya saw how his mood changed and smooched his cheeks. He smiled and both they're eyes landed on their reflection in the mirror in front of them,

S: Do I really deserve all this?

Ashwin tilted his head to look at her,
A: Yeah of course. You've had exceptional educational qualifications and y-

S: No, no, I mean like All This

Ashwin let out a sigh and looked straight into her eyes through the reflection, he pointed at it,

A: I'm a better person today because of that bite sized girl. That girl has me within her palms because of our love. Andha ponukaga idhu illa idhuku melayum na pannuven because that's how much I love her. So you should really stop your conscience from intruding my romance.

Shivanya chuckled in tears and turned to face him. She threw her arms around him and hugged him,burying her face in his shoulders.

She felt safe,
She felt loved,
She felt valued
Everything she never knew she could be felt