First New Year

*Takes place after CHAPTER 48

After wishing everyone an advance happy new year, Shivanya frolicked and hopped to Ashwin's cabin to find him indulged in his work.

She jumped to him, he moved a little from his desk and patted his lap with his eyes still fixed on his work. Shivanya slumped onto his lap making him smile

Ashwin could tell from the way she was bitting her nails while looking up that she was thinking about something.

A: Yenna madam yedho balama yosikiringa?

He asked her while pulling down her hand by her wrist and pecked on her knuckles making her giggle.
S: Nama iniku night yenna panna porom?

She asked him excitedly,

A: Yenna venalum panlam..

Ashwin dragged huskily sending chills through Shivanya's spine when his hands sneaked into her tee and drew patterns on her bare waist. She smacked his shoulders playfully to which he chuckled,
S: Adhu illa! New year eve'ku yenna panna porom?!

The realisation hit him, he asked her back,
A: Yenna pananum?

S: Yedhavadhu exciting'ah! Happy'ah! Indha year positive'ah end panra madhiri!

She exclaimed waving her hands animatedly.
A: Nee yeppome new year'na ivlo excited'ah dhan irupiya?

Ashwin had never understood the necessity behind why people had to make so much fuss about new years with drinks, parties, fireworks and everything. It's always been just a New Year to him.

S: Che, che, idhuku munnadhi illa, in fact naalam new year celebrate panbadhu kooda illa. Yedho WhatsApp'layum Insta'layum status podhuven, avlothan. Ana indha year special'la?

Ashwin lifted his eyebrows,
A: Yen ma?

S: Pinna, en life'la first time ennaku'nu oru veedhu, oru family'oda New Year start panna poren! Yepdhi excite agama irupen?

Ashwin finally lifted his gaze from his document and looked at her with a fond smile across his face.

As long as she has known, Shivanya's new years have only been about watching the fireworks from her room window with hugging her parents pictures with no actual people around to cherish any new beginnings with.

But now she was going to do it in her home, her family, her Ashwin.

Just the thought of it felt too surreal for her.

Ashwin slowly hugged her waist and pulled her close for a warm forehead kiss, once he pulled back,
A: Jaan'ku yepdi celebrate pananumnu sollu paniralam

S: Ermm fireworks pakanum, dinner date vennum, aprom-

Ashwin sincerely listened to her innocent wishes while pecking her irresistible cheeks now and then.

🌠

Shivanya rested her head on his shoulder and snuggled close to him as Ashwin wrapped his hand around her pulling her closer to him while his other hand rested on hers which was on his chest as they laid on their freshly lawned backyard in a picnic mat, gazing at the star-studded sky that was now filled with colourful fireworks.

Them, in their home, in their world, in each others embrace, into their new beginnings, what more best way there could be to celebrate their First New Year?

Not to forget Shivanya's special burnt pie and Ashwin's top-notch dinner.

Shivanya slowly tilted her head to look at the person next to her. He looked almost unreal to be laying beside her, caressing his fingers on her arms and resting his cheeks on her head.

A: Fireworks pakanumnu gudichae? Ippo adha vittutu yenna pakurae?
S: I love you

Ashwin looked down to meet her eyes in surprise,
A: Yen thideernu?
S: Thank you sonna thittuvae

She sighed sulkingly which made him chuckle.

Suddenly Ashwin got up to face her, still learning on his side with elbows support. He slowly leaned closer to her lips, Shivanya involuntarily closed her eyes.

Their heart were thumping louder than the loud cracks on the sky when he stopped,
A: But you still have something else to say

Shivanya opened her eyes and find Ashwin's eyes dangerously close to her and his lips were grazing hers when he talked, she raised her eyebrows quizzically. Ashwin smiled before pecking her lips,

Happy First New Year Jaan!

Shivanya giggled before responding,

Happy First New year, Angry bird!

======

Happy New year Fam!
Here's a grateful gift for making this year special with supporting this first story with your love and wishes.

Can't believe DESTINY is still trending!

I love you guys! Have a happy and safe year! ❤️💕🌠