CHAPTER 42

Shivanya was left to have her own time with herself before they take her to the mandap at the front yard.
She sat on her bed, nervously biting her nails. She still couldn't believe that it was happening, really happening!

But millions of second thoughts and a trinity of insecurities were hitting her at the same time

No proper reconciliation,
No proper Conversation
No certainties
And yet she just couldn't find her heart to reject him.

All her fear was just on what will happen if everything shatters again?

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, she looked up and was surprised to see Daadi entering the room.
D: I just came to check on you..

Vasugi explained hesitantly and sat beside her. Shivanya nodded and smiled. There was an awkward silence between them as both were waiting for the other to initiate any conversation. Suddenly Shivanya felt a tap on her shoulder, she turned to face Daadi,
D: I'm really happy for you

Shivanya's eyes softened at the sudden confession.

D: I know I've never really been so good with you. You've never gotten the love and care you deserved but now really happy that you're about to. My Bondita would be so happy, in fact this would have been a whole festival for how her daughter is getting married into such a good family.

Vasugi said looking at the framed picture of her daughter that hung in the wall, with tears in her eyes.

Shivanya was wonderstruck to see her Daadi being so expressive and actually talking about something else other than disciplines and strict orders.

Vasugi felt Shivanya holding her hand that was on the bed. She quickly wiped off her tears and smiled at Shivanya composing herself.
D: OK, they'll come to bring you anytime. Be ready. Don't mess anything up at your own wedding. You better behave.

She shifted back to her stern tone and left after patting Shivanya's head. Shivanya looked at her Mother's face through the framed glasses and wondered,

I really hope it lasts
~

Ashwin, sat in front of the sacred fire, thinking of why didn't he just swallow  all his pills before coming here after realising how fast his heart is beating, thanks to the bite-sized girl sitting beside him.

Ashwin looked no lesser than a ideal Tamil Groom with his white pattu veshti and shirt. He even trimmed his beard, breaking more hearts from the bride side yet his eyes were too busy stealing glances of her.

The were limited guests with only very close acquaintances from both sides since they won't be announcing they're marriage any sooner.

A: Hi!

The cheeky teenager in Ashwin popped out all of a sudden, after gaining the courage to whisper a sheepish 'Hi'.

Shivanya couldn't help but chuckle inwardly but she hid it. She whispered back a uninterested "Hi" to which Ashwin pouted.