•Chapter 5• The Elves

Orlando gets pushed to his knees by the young man behind him. He glanced up and scanned his surroundings. He was positioned, on his knees, in front of a throne. The throne was tall, antlers from fallen deer were used as a structure for the back. A tall man with pale skin and brown hair sat in his seat. He had a crown on his head. A crown was also made from the antlers of deer, but they were smaller, almost like small branches from a tree. Forest green eyes looked right at the young man. Suddenly, Orlando's head was pushed down. "Bow to your king, Human." A male voice spoke behind him. "He's not my king." Orlando replied, "And I bow to no one." He added. The elven king glared at the young man kneeling in front of him. "You will if you want to live." The male voice spoke again. The elven king raised his hand. "That's enough Hayes." He spoke. The elf removed his hand from Orlando's head. The young man lifted his head again. "What is your business here, Human?" The king questioned. Orlando stood up. "Listen, I am not looking for trouble. I'm just passing through the lands." He answers simply. The king let out a chuckle. "You're a traveler?" He chuckled. His expression changed again, switching to a more serious one. "That doesn't answer my question." He added. Orlando spots the she-elf walking towards them. "Listen, Antlers, "Orlando stated, "I wouldn't have to be here if it wasn't for miss 'I shoot an arrow through your head' over there," Orlando tells him. Hayes grasped Orlando's hair in his hand tightly, pulling it back. He then held his sword to his throat. "Have a care of how you speak." He tells Orlando, "You will speak to my sister with respect." He added. Serena stepped into the light. "Hayes," Serena said in a warning tone. The elf looked at his younger sister. "If you slid his throat-" She started. "A human less on this world. Who cares?" He replied. "I do. And everyone else who isn't as foolish as you." Serena snapped at him. The king stood up. "Stop it, you two." He ordered. Hayes let go of Orlando's hair and put his sword back in the holster. Callodir stood up from his seat. "No human has set foot in this realm for decades. And suddenly, you, a descendant of Basil Adelio, show up. Now, I ask you again, what business do you have in this realm?" The king asked him. Orlando started to laugh at the king. "Something funny?" Serena asked him. Orlando holds up his hand. "Sorry, sorry. It's just that-" He started before cracking up again. Hayes was glaring at the young man. He put his hand on his sword again. Serena looked at her brother. "Hayes." She warned him again. The elven prince rolls his eyes and removes his hand again.

After a few seconds, Orlando stopped his laughter. He looked up at the king. "Listen, I don't know who you are. But you're crazy folk. Do you even know who that is?" Orlando asked. "We know exactly who he was. And what did." Callodir replied. "Then you know that I am no descendant of Basil Adelio." He chuckled. Serena looked over her shoulder at her father. The elven king stepped forward. Orlando looked up at him. The king leaned forward slightly. "What business do you have here?" He repeated. "I ran off. I need food and water." Orlando answered. Callodir frowned at him. He stood back up, looking at his son. "Take him to the dungeons, Hayes." He ordered. Orlando got pulled up by his arms. Hayes dragged him away from the throne room. The king turned back to his throne. He put his throne back into its holster. "Father," Serena started. Callodir holds up his hand. "Not now, Serena." He tells her. Serena lowered her head as she puts her hands behind her back. Callodir sat back on his throne. "He can't be here." He said to himself. The king turned to his daughter. "He's hiding something. Find out what it is." He ordered. Serena nods slowly. "Yes, father." She replies. She turned around to walk away. She leaves her father alone in the throne room. The king lets out a deep sigh as he rests his head on his hand. "He can't be here." He whispered to himself. Meanwhile, Hayes tossed Orlando into a cell. He slammed the door pretty harshly, making Orlando jump slightly. The young man then moved forward, gripping the bars tightly. "You can't keep me locked up in here." He said. The tall elf in front of him let out a chuckle. "Really? Because I'm standing right here, and you can't get to me." He replied. Orlando furrowed his eyebrows and slammed against the wooden bars. The green-eyed elf let out another chuckle. "Have fun." He smirked.

Hayes walked away, leaving Orlando all by himself. He bumped into Serena. She tried to walk past him when he stopped her. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked his younger sister. "I'm going to try to get him to talk. Father's orders." She tells him. Hayes shook his head and started to pull her away. "No, you're not." He replies. She frowns at him. "And you're going to stop me?" She asks him, "Hayes, father asked me to do this." She tells him. "And I am not letting my sister go into there by herself. He's dangerous." Hayes said. Serena folded her arms over her chest. "He doesn't seem dangerous to me." She replied. "You don't know what he can do. For all we know, he wasn't alone. And they are waiting outside our boundaries to attack us." He said. "There are soldiers everywhere covering the grounds. And he told us he ran off, so I'm pretty sure he's alone." Serena tells her brother. The green-eyed elf had a stern glare. "You're not going. Not by yourself." He said sternly. "Father said it had to be me." She replied, "So get out of my way." She added. Hayes grabbed her by her arm, dragging her out of the dungeons. Serena tried to pull her arm out of his grip and push him away. Her brother was stronger than her and dragged her out. He pushed her into a hallway. Serena stumbled forward slightly. As her back was facing her brother, she put her hand on the handle of her sword. She then turned around, pulling the sword out of its holster. Hayes drew his sword as well. The sword clung together. "You're so predictable," Hayes said. The two started to cling their swords together as they walked through the hallway. Serena took a few steps back, only to run back towards her brother. She jumped up, swinging her sword at him. But, her attack was stopped by another sword. The siblings glanced up to see their father standing next to them. "To your room." He ordered. The siblings turned to each other again, giving each other the most deadly glare of all time. "Now!" Callodir yelled. Serena retreats her sword, putting it back into her holster.