•Chapter 56• Rachel, His Love

Orlando pushed open the heavy door to the chambers and peeked inside. "Rachel?" He called out. She didn't answer. Complete silence roamed the room. He stepped inside and shut the door behind him. He scanned the room for Rachel's presence. He spotted her sitting against the desk Erix sat at a lot. Her arms wrapped around her knees and pulled up against her chest. The young man approached her and knelt beside her. "Hey," he spoke up kindly. Rachel looked up at him with watery eyes. He carefully reached out to her and placed his hand on her knee. "He lied to me." She said. Orlando sighed and scooted closer to her. "I'm sorry." He tells her. She shook her head and put her hands in her hair. "Don't say that." She replied, "I should've known." She added. Orlando didn't know what to tell her. He wasn't sure he could comfort her even if he tried.
She must be so confused and frightened. "It's all my fault." She spoke quietly, "I shouldn't have tried to escape. He wouldn't have come after me or whatever happened. I wouldn't have died. He would have never gone through all of this to get me back." The girl rambled on and on. Orlando shook his head. "No, no, no," he assured her, "None of this is your fault. Do not blame yourself." He added. Rachel opened her mouth to protest, telling him it was her fault. But Orlando cut her off.
"Don't. I mean it. You didn't do anything wrong." He assured her. Rachel let out a sigh. She did not agree with him. She could only blame herself for everything. Erix did all of this for her. He fought with so many people, killed them even, for her. She went beyond the walls even though she knew it could kill her, and she still went for it. And above it all, she left him. She left Erix all alone. She couldn't help but feel guilty about all of that. She did that. 

Orlando sat next to her against the desk. "I shouldn't have left." She said. "Maybe," Orlando replied. Rachel turned her head and glared at him. "But maybe not." The young man added. He rested his head against the wooden material of the desk and looked up at the ceiling. "Everything seems like it's your fault right now. Like none of this would've happened if you hadn't done what you did." Orlando tells her.
Rachel continued to glare at him. "What are you trying to say?" She asked him. He looked at her and into her bright eyes. Bright, but slightly watery eyes. "Erix could've gotten after you, you know." He reminds her.
Rachel still looked at him as if he just insulted her. "It's not your fault you wanted to be free. He was afraid and you weren't. You sought freedom and he tried to keep you from finding that. What he did, was none of your faults. You took a risk." he informs her, "And yes... you might have gotten killed, but you took that risk. He was frightened. He has always been frightened. Erix was a scared little man. But you weren't, Rachel." He continued. Rachel sat up. "You're not making this any better," Rachel replied. "Listen to me." Orlando started, "This is not your fault. This was his fault. Not yours." He added. She put her hand in her hair again and pushed it back. "I didn't think I would ever blame him for anything. Every. I never expected to blame anything on a dead man either." She added. Orlando let out a chuckle. "I know. No one does. But you need to start looking at this in a positive way. He won't lie to you again." He said. Rachel nodded. "Yeah, but I'm alone all over again." She replied. Orlando placed his hand on her shoulder. "You're not alone. We're not going to leave you alone." He assured her. Rachel smiled at him sweetly. She placed his hand on top of his and brushed her thumb over his skin. "You're a sweet kid," she tells him. He returned the smile. "You know, you're very mature for your age." She added. Age. Suddenly, it hit Orlando. He looked directly into Rachel's bright eyes with a hopeful expression on his face. He took her hands in his. "You know, there is a way for you to take your mind off things. Erix in particular." Orlando tells her. Rachel furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you thinking?" she asked him. Orlando smiled brightly. "I have an idea." He tells her. He jumped up from his seat. He reached out his hand for her to take, and she took it, so he pulled her up too. "Come on," he tells her.

Misty watched as Serena paced back and forth in front of her. They were waiting patiently for Orlando to come back out of the chambers with Rachel. "Do you think he's okay? He has been in there for a while." Serena questioned. "Pacing back and forth isn't going to make time go by faster," Misty replied. Serena stopped to glare at the werewolf. Misty holds up her hands in defense. "Sorry for speaking." She replied. Serena sighed. "It's okay. I'm just wondering why it's taking so long." She said. When Misty opened her mouth to speak again, the door opened and Orlando stepped out. Shortly after, Rachel followed him out of the chamber. Serena let out a sigh of relief. Orlando glanced over his shoulder and gave Rachel a warm smile.
"We talked," he started, "And she wants to go back out there. Beyond the walls." Orlando tells them. Serena and Misty looked at each other. "Uhm," Serena said quietly and looked at her friend. "Of course! She can come with us." Misty said. Serena nodded and smiled at Rachel reaching out her hand to her. "Yeah, we'll take her." She added. The young man looked at the two girls. "Where are the guys?" Orlando questioned. Misty shrugged. "Somewhere around here for sure. They told us to wait here for you," she explained. Serena looked at her with her arms folded over her chest. "I just really hope they're not trying to kill each other in the throne room or anything," she said. "They want to kill each other?" Rachel asked them. Misty looked at Orlando and Rachel. "They made up but who knows how long that's going to last," she answered. Serena rolls her eyes. "If they kill each other-" she started. Orlando's eyes widened slightly as he thought about Asher and Hayes fighting again. "Maybe we should check up on them?" Orlando suggested. Rachel looked at him and nodded. Misty and Serena turned around and lead the way, going down the hall the boys did a while ago.