•Chapter 13• A vision of good or evil

"Serena, wake up!" Orlando called out to her. Her eyes fluttered open slightly. "Serena?" Orlando said. Her eyes closed again, leaving Orlando  He glanced up to see the pack of wolves circle around him. "Please, someone, help her. Something's wrong with her." He tells the wolves. "No one here is going to help her." Someone spoke up. Remus, in his human form, stepped in front of him. He looked down at the young man. "Take them back." He ordered. As the wolves started to get closer to them, Orlando took Serena's dagger from her hand. He pointed it at the alpha werewolf as he stood up. He stood protectively in front of Serena, who sat against a tree. "Well, if you're not going to help her, then you might as well stay away from her." Orlando threatened. "You're coming with us, Adelio," Remus tells him. "Don't call me that," Orlando replied. Before Remus could do anything else, an arrow was shot into his shoulder. The alpha let out a loud growl. He looked up at the trees to see the Elven prince. The prince jumped down from the top of the tree. "Wow, where did you come from?" Orlando questioned. The prince aimed his arrow at the wolves in front of them. "Get my sister out of here," Hayes tells him. Orlando's eyes go back and forth between Hayes and Serena. The young man picked up Serena. "Wow, she's as light as a feather," Orlando said. Hayes glared at him. "Oh, would you go already?!" He yelled at him. Orlando started to run off into the forest. Hayes shot another arrow at the alpha werewolf. Remus dropped to his knees as the second arrow went straight between his ribs. "Get him!" The man exclaimed. The wolves turned their heads towards him. From behind them, a small figure jumped over them. The small figure suddenly turned into a huge wolf. She growled at the prince. "Pleasure to see you, too," Hayes said. The wolf started to run towards him. The elf turns around and runs off as quickly as he could. He caught up with Orlando, who was still holding his little sister as they ran. "Come on!" He tells him. 

As they were running, Orlando's eyes fell on a hole underneath a huge, fallen tree. "Hey, hey!" He called out. Hayes stopped and looked at the young man. Orlando nodded his head at the hidden gap underneath the tree. "If we want to live, we get into the trees. The beasts cannot follow us there. Down that hole, they will find us." Hayes tells him. "No, they won't. We'll cover ourselves with mud and dirt so they won't be able to catch our scent." Orlando said. "It's you they smell, boy. We have to get up into the trees." Hayes replies sternly. Orlando glanced down at the unconscious Serena. "Okay, yeah, because she seems like she's capable of climbing a tree all by herself," Orlando said. Hayes glared at him. "Fine!" He exclaimed. The two quickly hid underneath the fallen tree. Hayes looked up to see some of the wolves running towards them. Orlando spotted the beasts as well. "Okay, maybe not the best idea I've had," He admitted. Hayes quickly puts his hands on the dirt, making vines grow out of the ground, blocking the wolves' attack. Hayes let out a sigh of relief. Orlando's eyes were wide. "Wha- how, how did you do that?" He asked the prince. Hayes holds up his hand. "Argokinesis." He answered. Orlando frowned at him. "What's that? Some kind of elvish word?" He asked. Hayes shook his head. "It's the ability to mentally, or physically, make plants andother vegetation grow," Hayes explained to him.

The elven prince glanced at their new hide-out. "Well, this is cozy." He said. He turned his attention to his sister. "Serena?" He called out to her. A few seconds later her eyes fluttered open again. "I told father not to let you go on your own." He said quietly. He turned to Orlando. "What happened?" he questioned. Orlando shrugged. "I don't know. We escaped from the prison cell, she grabbed my hand, and then she passed out." Orlando explained to him.
"I saw you," Serena spoke up. Hayes looked at his sister. He helped her sit up straight. "The vision?" He asked her. "Wow, are you saying she saw the future? She did her magical thingy?" Orlando questioned. Hayes rolls his eyes at him. Serena puts her hand on her forehead. "Yeah... where are we?" She questioned. Hayes ignored her question. "What did you see?" Hayes asked her. Serena took a few deep breaths. "I saw him." She answered. Hayes glared at Orlando. The young man got a little closer to the she-elf. "Me?" He asked her. Serena nodded slowly. "You were standing in some sort of dungeon. Chains were hanging from the ceiling behind you. You had some sort of magical object in your hand." She rambled. Hayes puts his hand on his sister's shoulder. "Who was in the chains?" He asked her. Serena looked at her brother. "No one." She answered, "There was no one else there but him. All by himself." She added. The prince glared at her. "No one?" He questioned. "He looked like him, though." She quickly tells him. Hayes looked down at his feet. He whispered some words to himself, Orlando couldn't exactly hear what he was saying. He took Serena's hands in his softly. "What else did you see?" He asked her. Serena shook her head slightly. "I saw darkness." She said, "But also light. I don't know." She said. She squeezed her eyes shut as if she were in pain. Orlando looked at Hayes. "What's happening?" He asked. "The visions hurt her brain. She needs water." Hayes replied. The prince crawled past the two. "Where are you going?" Orlando asked. "To get some water," Hayes answered. "With the wolves out there? Isn't that dangerous?" Orlando questioned. "I won't be gone long. Stay with my sister until I get back." Hayes ordered. "Orlando?" Serena called out to him. The young man looked at the princess. She had a little smile on her face. "I have faith in you." She whispered, "Faith, that you will make this right." She added. Orlando smiled at her. He brushed some hair out of her face. "Hey, hey, don't worry about it. Get some rest." He tells her. 

The young girl ran up to him. "How is he?" Misty questioned. Asher let out a sigh. "I don't know yet," Asher replied. Misty let out a sigh. "Did you find them?" Asher asked her. Misty nodded. "We did, they're hiding in some gap underneath the old tree. I have three of our own there to make sure they don't get out. We've got them trapped for now." She answered. Asher let out a sigh of relief. "Alright, that's good." He said, "Very good." he added. Misty puts her hand on his arm. "What's wrong?" She asked him. Asher looked at her. "Wrong? Nothing's wrong." He replied. Misty glared at him. "Something's wrong. I could smell it three miles away." She tells him, "What's wrong?" She repeated. "It's-" He started. Asher let out a deep sigh, "He doesn't think I'm ready. What if he's right?" He continued. "Wow, I think that is the first time you ever listened to your father." Misty giggled. Asher let out a chuckle. "Even though it's nonsense." She added. "Mis, I-" Asher starts. "Don't even try to change my mind." She cuts him off, "Besides, he's not even dead yet." She said jokingly. "I sure hope not." Asher chuckled. He wrapped his arms around Misty's shoulders. "Thanks, Mis." He said. The girl smiled at him. "Of course, you big baby." She replied.