•Chapter 51• The Fight

"Everybody get away!" Asher yelled. It didn't make any difference whatsoever. The humans continued slamming against the walls, trying to break them down. They were all so scared. Everyone wanted to get out of here. They had to get out. There had to be a way for them to escape. To survive. "Hey!" Misty exclaimed. No one listened. She inhaled deeply before growling as loud as she could. Now, everyone was looking at her. They seemed a little frightened. Even Asher felt slight goosebumps pop up on his arms. "Everybody has to get away from these walls, right now!" Misty yelled. "Like we'll listen to you!" A man shouted back at her. Asher was about to tell him off when Misty stepped in between them. "You will if you want to live." She tells him. The man scoffed at her. "Or what? You'll kill us?" He asked. His tone was challenging. Misty stepped even closer to him. Her eyes were glowing in their bright golden color. "I won't kill you. But the alpha will." She spoke. The man rolled his eyes at her. "Am I supposed to be frightened by that? How old do you think I am, little girl? I'm a grown man. And I have a family to take care of." He tells her. Misty folded her arms over each other and shrugged. "Fine. If you want your eyes to be pulled from your skull after you see my kind feast on your children's organs, I won't stop you." She said. The man's eyes widened. But that shock quickly turned into an angry glare. "Are you threatening my family?" He asked. A small blade appeared in his hand. Asher wanted to step in between them again. "Mis-" He started. But she stopped him. "He's frightened," Misty said. 

She looked at the rest of the humans standing behind the man and looking at her with fear in their eyes. Small children hid behind their parents or older siblings. The young werewolf inhaled deeply. Before she could speak up, a part of the stone wall next to them collapsed. Everyone started to scream. Asher quickly pulled a man away before a large part of the wall could hit him. "If you want to live, you follow me!" Misty exclaimed. She looked at the man from before. "All of you." She added sternly. Asher looked at his best friend proudly as she guided the people to safety. At that same moment, Hayes and Serena approached on top of the wall. They looked down at the scene. Wolves and elves attacked the stone with their bare hands and weapons trying to tear it apart. Serena turned her head towards her brother. "They'll kill themselves." She said. A few elves had already collapsed. Callodir probably had most of them spelled to do something as reckless as tearing down the wall without a shield or any form of magic. Hayes looked at his sister. They gave each other a slight nod. Hayes jumped down first. Serena glanced over her shoulder and looked at Asher who was still on the ground. "You're going to stop an army by yourself?" He called out to her. "I won't be by myself," Serena replied. Asher looked at her worriedly. "Are you sure you don't need my help?" He admitted. Serena rolled her eyes. The elven princess turned away from the werewolf. "Get the people to safety," Serena ordered. "I can handle this." She added. "Can you though?" Asher called after her. Before another word could leave Asher's mouth, Serena jumped off the edge of the already ruined stones that were a wall moments before. Asher groaned and runs off to meet Misty. Meanwhile, Serena slammed two arrows into the stone material of the wall, slowing her down as she fell. She landed on her feet, in front of two werewolves. She pulled out her sword and attacked them both. Hayes was doing the same in the distance. He couldn't help but keep a slight eye on his sister as they fought. An elven soldier approached her as well. Hayes quickly reacted by tossing a small blade in his direction. The elven soldier was so focused on Serena, that he didn't even notice the weapon approaching him. The blade dug deep into his neck. Blood was starting to gush out of his skin. Dark marks started to appear around the wound as well. Serena looked at her brother in shock for a moment. 

Before they could clearly see it, a horde of elven soldiers approached both of them quickly. And behind them was their father. He held his sword in his hand as tightly as he could. The gemstone that sat on the handle was glowing brightly as he got closer to his children. A strong breeze blasted past both of them. Everyone felt it. Callodir was using his powers against his own. Serena tried to fight against it when a soldier came up to her from behind. He grabbed her as hard as he could. His fingers held onto the fabric of her clothing tightly. Serena fell into the dirt. She leaned on her elbows as she looked up. The soldier who had pulled her down stepped closer to her. Suddenly, a massive brown wolf jumped over the she-elf. The man stopped right in place. He looked at the animal in front of him. Asher, in his wolf form, stood protectively in front of Serena. He growled at the soldier. The man raised his sword to attack the wolf. Asher jumped up at the man, ripping him to shreds. The screaming was unbearable. That poor man. Blood was gushing everywhere, even a little bit sprayed on Serena's shoes. Serena crawled back up again. The massive creature walked back to the she-elf. He had the arm of the soldier in his mouth. Blood was dripping from its teeth. Asher then dropped the arm in front of Serena, splashing even more blood onto her clothes. She gave him a slight smile. "Thank you." She said quietly. The wolf nudged his head against her arm. Serena carefully raised her hand and petted the creature. He looked at her with his dark eyes. "I thought I told you to stay with Misty." She said. The wolf huffed and shoved her. "Hey," Serena complained.