•Chapter 12• Meeting Misty

Remus walked up to his son. "Everything's clear," Asher assured his father. The alpha werewolf looked at his son. "There is no sign of him anywhere," Asher added. "He will be here," Remus replied. The older wolf turned around. "Secure more grounds." He ordered. The two younger wolves nodded and ran off into the forest. Asher let out a sigh. "It's not that I don't trust you." Remus started. "Well, it sure feels like it." His son replied. Asher folded his arms over his chest. "You know, sometimes I wonder if you even want me to do this job." He spoke up. "Son-" Remus started. "Do you even want me to become the Alpha?" Asher asked his father. "I do, and you're ready to become the Alpha." Remus replied, "But the others aren't ready for you yet." He said. "Are they? Or is that you trying to make another excuse?" Asher asked him. Before Remus could answer the young werewolf walked away. Remus let out a sigh as he watched his son walk off into the forest. As he walked, Asher let out a little growl. His eyes slightly lit up as well. "Attack!" He suddenly heard behind him. A shadowy figure jumped at him. He chuckled as he caught her on his back. He wrapped his arms around her legs, keeping her trapped. "That's not fair!" The girl called out. "Attacking your own from behind also isn't fair." Asher chuckled. The young girl rested her chin on top of his head as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Run! Run! Run!" She chanted. Asher set her down on the ground. "Not tonight." He tells her. Her smile turned into a frown. "Is this about your dad not trusting you again?" She asked him. "You shouldn't eavesdrop," Asher tells her. He started to walk away again. Misty ran after him. "But it's the truth, isn't it?" She questioned. "The elf's brother is coming, and my father thinks I will let him slip past me," Asher explained. "Well, to be fair, it wouldn't be the first time." Misty giggled. Asher shot a glare at her. Misty smiled awkwardly at him. "Sorry." She replied.

Asher continued to walk. "He's coming for his sister." He said. "She's weak," Misty replied quietly. "You beat her up as the others held her down, but yes." Asher smiled at her, "Anyway, he's coming for her." He repeated. "Is she taking him back to the stone empire?" Misty asked him. "Probably," Asher replied. "And we're not gonna let them, right?" She smirked. "First of all, we need to find out what they're up to. The king probably has the human all convinced he's such a kindhearted man." Asher said. The young wolf rolls her eyes. The two made their way towards the prison cells where Serena and Orlando were talking to each other. "But first we need to get out of here," Serena tells Orlando. "I wouldn't count on that." A voice said behind them making them jump. Serena turned her head to look at the girl standing on the other side of the bars. "Hey, she-" Orlando started. Serena jumped up and grasped the bars with her hands. Orlando jumped up and pulled her back by her waist. "You want another go? I'll kick the shit out of you, dog!" Serena screamed at her. The girl just laughed and walked away. "I love Elves." She said. Orlando turned Serena around. "Hey, hey, calm down!" He tells her. He set her down again. "Calm down!" He repeated. Asher came up behind Misty. He stepped in front of her, leaning against the old, rusty bars. "And you say we have a temper," Asher said jokingly. Serena freed herself from Orlando's grip again. She stepped closer to the bars. She felt her skin burning again. "Oh, I'm sorry, does this make you uncomfortable?" Asher asked her. "I've had worse," Serena replied. Asher chuckled at her. "Alright, then." He started, "So, princess, tell me something. Did your daddy set up on this quest?" He questioned. "I don't have to answer that." She snapped back at him. Misty walked up to them. "Maybe I should make you answer then." She said. The young werewolf and the elven princess locked eyes. Misty's eyes light up slightly as she looked at Serena. Suddenly, Asher broke their eye contact by pulling Misty away from the bars. "As much as I would love to see that happen... we've got work to do." He tells her. Misty glared at him. "You're not-" She started. "You're going back out there. I'll handle them." Asher tells her. "You've got to be kidding me, right?" She asked him. "I've got this," Asher assures her. Misty growled in anger as she turned away.

"She has a temper," Orlando spoke up. "A little." Asher shrugged. The werewolf's attention turned back to Serena. "So, care to tell me what your daddy, and you, are up to together?" Asher questioned. She smiled at him. "I would rather hug these bars for three hours before I tell you anything about me or my father," Serena said sternly. Asher's eyes lit up slightly. He then gripped the bars harshly and shook them slightly. As Orlando jumped, Serena didn't move. "How are you this calm?" Orlando asked her. Serena shrugged in response. She turned around to look at Orlando. "I'm two-thousand-four-hundred and fifty-one years old. A nineteen-year-old doesn't scare me. I've seen much more terrifying things than someone grabbing the bars of an old prison cell." Serena tells him. Orlando's eyes widened slightly. "You're what now?" He asked. Before Serena could say anything else, Asher ripped some of the bars from their position. He was breathing heavily, and his eyes were glowing again. He opened his arms. "Not scared, huh?" He questioned. His fangs were slightly showing. "No, you're like a little pup who lost his temper. It's kinda cute." Serena mocked him. The werewolf jumped up and attacked the she-elf again. Serena pulled a small dagger from her boot. She cut the wolf's leg, making him collapse onto the ground. Small drops of blood were on Serena's face from the wolf she just injured. She looked at Orlando. "Come on." She said. The two rushed out of their prison. Serena's arm brushed against one of the bars. She groaned in pain but kept running. Not soon after they escaped their prison, the alarm sounded. The werewolves were running towards them. "We have to get up into the trees!" She tells him. "How's that gonna help? There are huge dogs everywhere!" Orlando said. "What?" Serena replied. "Sorry, I make jokes when I'm panicking," Orlando explained. "We have to go!" She tells him. Serena grabbed Orlando's hand. As soon as their skin met, a vision appeared right in front of her eyes, making her collapse onto the ground. Orlando caught her mid-air. He brushed her hair out of her face. "Serena?" He said, "Hey, wake up. Serena!" He called out. 

A/n: I want to apologize for the weak chapter. I had to rush this one. I haven't got time to write in the past few days. Some private stuff happened... I just haven't had time. I hope you can understand🤗🖤
-Jay25211💜💜