•Chapter 47• One Hello and One Goodbye

The little girl screamed as she looked up at Hayes. His eyes had darkened almost eThe young werewolf jumped up in front of the elven prince. "Hey! Hey!!" Asher exclaimed. Hayes swung his sword with a lot of fore, more than he ever thought he would swing his weapon with. Asher stopped him by grabbing the blade with his hands. "Get out of my way, Dog." The elven prince said. "Killing them isn't going to help you!" He tells him. "I said get out of my way!" Hayes yelled. He pulled on his weapon, cutting Asher's hands open, but also pulling it out of his grip. Asher cursed loudly as the blade cut his skin. He took a couple of steps back. Hayes started to walk towards the werewolf, his weapon still tightly in his hands. "This species deserves to die," Hayes said. His tone was low and evil. Asher shook his head slightly. "No, they don't." He replied. The little girl he had protected, clung to his leg tightly. "They killed my sister," Hayes tells him. His expression was blank. He was angry. He didn't know what to believe. His sister was dead. Asher looked down at the little girl who had her arms wrapped tightly around his leg. "She didn't." he said, "No, Erix might have killed your sister. And we don't even know that for sure." Asher added. Hayes stepped closer to the werewolf. "She's gone," he said. "We don't know that," Asher repeated. Hayes stepped even closer to the boy in front of him. "Maybe I should slice off her head. See how you react." Hayes said pointing his finger towards Misty. "Or shall we wait until the humans take her too?" He added. "The emperor is not human. He's much worse. You cannot slay these people for something he did. Not this time. We don't have time for this now, Hayes." Asher tells him sternly. "But my sister!" Hayes exclaimed. "Is tougher than any of us! For all we know, she killed him."

"Serena!" Orlando exclaimed. But the blade never hit the mermaid. Serena didn't intend to hit her. They were friends. She would never hurt her friend. Even though she betrayed her and their friends. Valeria stopped screaming as soon as she realized the blade never even came near her body. She opened her eyes to see the sword in front of Serena. The elven princess let go of her weapon, dropping it on the ground. "I don't need to kill you," Serena said. Valeria looked down at her feet. "May the waters take your soul, and curse you for walking amongst us," Serena added. The mermaid let out a sigh. She wanted to say something but decided not to. She realized she made a mistake. Even though it felt like the right thing. "I will allow you to leave, alive, while you still can. And do not waste your time. Leave before I change my mind and cut off your head like I should've done years ago." Serena threatened. Valeria looked at Orlando for a brief second. He watched sadly as she left. He couldn't believe she betrayed them. How could she betray Serena? But there was no time for that. As soon as the mermaid disappeared, Orlando looked at Serena.

"You're here," Erix whispered. Rachel looked at him with a confused look on her face. "What do you mean? Of course, I'm here. Where else would I be?" She replied. Erix cupped her face in his hands. "You're actually here." He repeated. Rachel frowned at him. "Erix, what's going on? Why are you acting weird?" Rachel asked him. Those who returned from the dead did not remember they died. Not how, not when. And you must never tell them. When a soul that died, returns amongst the living, it goes against nature's will. They are often very confused about why everyone around them is acting so differently toward them. Because they often do. But telling them could change their souls. Their purpose. No one knows what someone or something like that could do with bad intentions. For all we know, they could burn entire cities, and kill thousands of living creatures. So Erix couldn't tell her the truth. But it was almost as if she never left. "I just-" Erix started, "I just missed you." He tells her. "I was only gone for ten minutes." Rachel reminds him. His hands traveled down to her waist. He pulled her closer. "It felt like years." He tells her. He reached down to grab her hand. He pulled it up to his lips and kissed her knuckles. Rachel narrowed her eyes at him. "Have you gotten older?" She questioned. Erix shook his head. "Maybe you just remember me differently." He replied. Rachel shook her head. "In ten minutes? I think I would remember what my boyfriend looked like after a couple of minutes." She tells him. Before she could say anything else, Erix put his hand back on her cheek. "Come on, we've got a lot to do." He tells her.

"I'm not letting you go all by yourself," Serena tells him sternly. Orlando smiled at her. "I know we are deviating from the plan, but I'm not risking your life again. You need to get back on the ground where you'll be safe." He said. Serena wasn't having it. She shook her head. "He'll kill you too." She spoke quietly. There was a slight squeak in her voice as if it was breaking. Orlando stepped closer to the she-elf. He placed his hands on the sides of her arms. "It's all right. I can take him." He tells her. "Yeah, or you'll die trying." Serena snapped back at him. He shook his head. "Serena-" He started. "I'm not losing anyone else. Not today. Not you." She said cutting him off. Orlando stepped closer to her. He placed his hands on her cheeks. "You won't lose me, Serena. I'm going to end all of this. I promise." He assured her. He pulled her closer before she could say another word. He then pressed his lips against her forehead, placing a soft kiss on it. Serena inhaled his scent before he let go of her. She watched as he left her by that window, fearing she might never see him again.