•Chapter 59• Kingdoms Arise

"What are you planning?" Orlando asked. Serena looked at him as she leaned on the table. "You'll see." She replied. The young man approached her slowly. "Please, tell me you have a plan that won't get you killed almost an hour after you officially became queen." He said. Serena smiled and shook her head. "No," She replied in a promising tone. He stood next to her and leaned against the table, crossing his arms over his chest, and looking at the door. "I'm not sure this is a good idea. I don't trust him. After what he did to us?" Orlando reminds her calmly. Serena looked ahead of her, at the wall with a painting of her father. "I want to trust him." She replied. "You probably can't," Orlando tells her. Serena turned to look at him. "Since when are you queen? Last time I checked I made the decisions around here." Serena replied. "For like an hour." Orlando chuckled. "Honey, I always make the decisions." She tells him. Before Orlando could answer, he was cut off by the door opening. Remus entered first and Asher came in after. Serena stood right in front of the Alpha werewolf now with a poker face. She refused to show emotions. "I'm not going to bow," Remus tells her. "I am not asking you to." Serena spat back, "Thank you for coming." She added. "I wanted to see who I am up against. Legend says when the princess becomes the queen she gains another world-destroying power." Remus replied. "That is a misleading legend. I am no different from the last time we interacted." She assured him. "You sound like him." Remus spoke, "Like your father." He continued. "I can assure you, I am nothing like my father. I killed him, doing everyone in Oceanum Collis a favor, including you." She spoke sternly. Remus looked away from her and rolled his eyes. "You're a child." He said. "And yet so much more powerful than you could ever be. I suggest you listen to what I have to offer you instead of whining like a dog who stepped with its paw in a thorn." She spoke sternly. Remus scoffed annoyed and walked past her. Serena looked at Orlando. He nodded and followed Remus. 

Asher came up to her. "It's kinda hot when you're bossy. Especially when it's not me on the other end." He whispered to her. Serena looked up at him. "What? I can't compliment you?" Asher asked her. She placed her hand on his chest and gave him a gentle smile. "Hot wasn't what I was going for." She whispered. "It is what I saw." He tells her. He placed a kiss on top of her head. He shot a quick glance at his father standing at the other side of the table. Serena turned around as well. "Orlando and I have spoken about reuniting our kingdoms. We want the werewolves to be a part of our new society as well." She said. "Reuniting the kingdoms? Do I need to remind you what happened last time we united?" Remus snapped at her. Serena leaned on the table again. "I remember. I was there. Unlike you." She replied. "Brat." Remus cursed under his breath. "Have some respect, will you?" Orlando tells the Alpha werewolf. Remus looked at the young man. "What are you going to do about it, son? She's got all of you wrapped around her little witch finger. She's no better than her father. He taught her everything she knows." Remus said. "She wants what's best for everyone. Not just for her own kind. She wants what's best for you and me as well." Orlando protested. Remus' eyes turned golden. "If that were true, then where are those water freaks right now? There were four when we started. Where's the fourth, huh?" He questioned. He looked at Serena, pointing a finger at her. "You're selfish and unworthy to lead." He spoke sternly. "I might be a bit inexperienced, but I know what I am doing. I don't let my people run around like wild animals to be intimidating." Serena spat back. "We are wild animals." Remus reminds her. Serena shook her head. "No, you're not. Not completely. If anything, you're more related to him than any of us." Serena pointed at Orlando, "We are all more alike than we think. And now is the time to restore everything we once had. Years ago, we didn't let out differences divide us. One man changed that. And I want to change it back, but I will need help. And I want your help as well." Serena said. "Even before the humans came, the werewolves and elves have been at war with each other," Remus replied. "Not always." She tells him.

Remus shook his head. "Remus, I want to make a difference," Serena said. "So uniting our people? Risking another war? That's what you want?" He questioned, "oh boy, what a great queen you make." He added. "I want to help your people," Serena tells him. "No, you want to corrupt my people." He said. "I would never do that," Serena responded. "Yeah? What about my son? You corrupted his mind with your witch spells and magic." Remus snapped at her. "I did no such thing!" Serena said, raising her voice. "Yeah, then what just happened there? You were whispering and kissing. It's disgusting." He said. "Well, if you really want to know, I never asked for this. I tried very hard not to fall in love with your son, but I couldn't. Trust me, I tried. But I would be lying if I didn't say I'm happy to have him by my side. Sure, we started off as enemies. But we all did. We tried to kill Orlando when he first set foot in our land." She pointed out. "Actually, you tried to shoot an arrow through my brain and also keep me a prisoner for the rest of eternity," Orlando said quietly. Serena shot a glare at him. "Sorry," Orlando whispered. The elven queen turned to the alpha werewolf. "I love your son. And I want to help his people if possible. Please, let me unite our people so people like Asher and I can love whoever they want. Please, Remus. I can't do this without you and your people. Let us rebuild Oceanum Collis together, unite our people, and live in peace." Serena spoke. Remus looked at Orlando who stood beside him. "Andillar will never be a threat again." The young man assured the alpha. Remus turned to Serena and his son who stood behind her. "You love me?" Asher said quietly. Serena turned to him. "I do. A lot." She tells him. Asher smiled at her, shocked that she actually spoke those words. And in front of his father too. Serena looked at Remus again. "Your people can be of great use. I have seen what werewolves can do out on the field. They have become a lot stronger. Together we can stop those who try to invade us from the far lands. Please, Remus." She pleaded. The alpha werewolf approached Serena slowly. Asher protectively stood behind her. "Alright, princess." He agreed. A bright smile appeared on her lips. She looked at Orlando who also approached them. "Hey, I agreed with this already." He chuckled.