UWJ|TT4: Galactic Rebellion

1. Was there any mention of war or rebellion in heaven?

Yes.

"There was war in the sky. Michael and his angels made war on the dragon. The dragon and his angels made war. They didn't prevail, neither was a place found for him any more in heaven. The great dragon was thrown down, the old serpent, he who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world. He was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him." Revelation 12: 7-9.

2. What did Jesus call the devil?

" You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks [a]a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of [b]lies. " John 8:44.

3. When did the devil start sinning?

"He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning." 1 John 3: 8.

4. Was Satan created sinful?

NO

" You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created, Until iniquity was found in you." Ezekiel 28:15.

5. What kind of angel was Satan before he rebelled?

"You were the seal of full measure, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty." Ezekiel 28:12.

6. What important position in heaven did Satan once occupy?

"You were the anointed cherub who covers. Then I set you up on the holy mountain of God. You have walked up and down in the middle of the stones of fire. You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness was found in you." Ezekiel 28:14.

7. What led to Satan's sin, rebellion, and downfall?

" Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; you have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor." Ezekiel 28:17

You said in your heart, "I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." Isaiah 14:13,14.

8. After Satan was cast out of heaven, who did he deceive on earth?

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" 2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'" 4 "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it." Gen. 3:1-6

9. What did Satan claim as his own after the Fall of Adam?

" The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to." Luke 4:5,6

10. Who brings sufferings and tragedies upon humankind?

"So Satan went out from the presence of Yahweh, and struck Job with painful sores from the sole of his foot to his head." Job 2:7.

"Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?" Luke 13:16.

11. What is the purpose of Jesus' incarnation to this world?

"You know that he was revealed to take away our sins, and no sin is in him.... To this end the Son of God was revealed: that he might destroy the works of the devil." 1 John 3:5, 8.

" Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death-that is, the devil." Hebrews 2:14.

12. When and by what means will the effects of sin be removed?

"But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare." 2 Peter 3:10.

13. How will God destroy Satan?

" By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching. 19 All the nations who knew you are appalled at you; you have come to a horrible end and will be no more.'" Ezekiel 28:18, 19.

14. How thoroughly will the effects of sin be removed?

"He who sits on the throne said, Behold, I am making all things new." Revelation 21:5.

15. Will sin and its evil results ever appear again?

"What do you plot against Yahweh? He will make a full end. Affliction won't rise up the second time." Nahum 1:9.