UWJ|ST9: God's Law and the Mark of the Beast

CHAPTER 9God's Law and the Mark of the Beast

How do we know that receiving the mark of the beast is a result of going against God's law?

Revelation 14:12 ...'Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.' Straight after the third angel warns of receiving the beast's mark, he announces that those who don't receive the mark are those who are KEEPING GODS COMMANDMENTS and the faith of Jesus. In other words, the true remnant church of God are those who follow in Jesus' footsteps, and what did Jesus say? ... John 15:10 ...'If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.' ... Are we not to follow Jesus? The sad thing is, the truth of God's law has been cast down by satan and many professing Christians are deceived into thinking that keeping God's Ten Commandments is not important.

Now we know from Revelation 13 that the beast's mark is received either in the forehead or in the hand ... Revelation 13:16 ...'And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads.' ... There is also another set of people that have a mark on their foreheads ... Revelation 14:1 ...'And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.'

So during the last days we have two sets of people. One with the beast's mark and one with God's name written on their foreheads. Now will these people be walking around with a literal mark on their foreheads, or the name of God actually written on their foreheads? I don't believe so, I believe these marks will be spiritual ones. Remember, the book of Revelation is full of symbolic language. Take the harlot women for instance inRevelation 17:3,5 ...'and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast. And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.' ... Is this going to be a literal prostitute riding a literal beast with those names on her forehead? Of course not, this is symbolic, just like the mark of the beast and the seal of God.

Is there any significance to receiving the mark in the forehead or hand? Yes there is, which we can see from the following Old Testament scripture.

Deuteronomy 6:6-8 .....'And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.'

Deuteronomy 11:8,18 .....'Therefore shall ye keep all the commandments which I command you this day, that ye may be strong, and go in and possess the land, whither ye go to possess it. Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.'

What does it mean to bind Gods Words, His law upon our hands and foreheads? God wasn't asking them to literally write them on their hands and heads. He wanted them to keep His Commandments in their minds to stop them from sinning.

Did you know that the front of our brain (forehead) is where our thoughts and decisions are made?

The hand represents our actions. So if the people had the mark of Gods law in their hands and foreheads, then it meant that they were keeping Gods law in their minds spiritually, through their thoughts and decisions, the way Jesus taught us, and also in their actions.