UWJ|TT28: Following God's Voice

1. How did God speak to prophet Elijah?

"After the earthquake a fire passed; but Yahweh was not in the fire. After the fire, there was a still small voice." 1 Kings 19:12.

2. What does the voice of God tell us?

"And when you turn to the right hand, and when you turn to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, 'This is the way. Walk in it.'" Isaiah 30:21.

3. When we hear God's voice, what should we do?

"Now therefore amend your ways and your doings, and obey Yahweh your God's voice; then Yahweh will relent from the evil that he has pronounced against you." Jeremiah 26:13.

"Therefore, even as the Holy Spirit says, 'Today if you will hear his voice, don't harden your hearts, as in the rebellion, like as in the day of the trial in the wilderness." Hebrews 3:7,8.

4. What do we always do to the Holy Spirit?

"You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do." Acts 7:51.

5. What happens to the conscience of a person who resists the voice of God's Spirit?

"Through the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, branded in their own conscience as with a hot iron." 1 Timothy 4:2.

6. Why should we not grieve the Spirit of God?

"Don't grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30.

7. Will the Spirit of God ever stop working with men?

"My Spirit will not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh..." Genesis 6:3.

8. What must we do while we have the light?

"Jesus therefore said to them,'Yet a little while the light is with you. Walk while you have the light, that darkness doesn't overtake you. He who walks in the darkness doesn't know where he is going." John 12:35.

9. What if a person knows what is right, but doesn't do it?

"To him therefore who knows to do good, and doesn't do it, to him it is sin." James 4:17.

10. So, is it better to just avoid hearing the truth?

"He who turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination." Proverbs 28:9.

11. What should we do when the Spirit speaks to us?

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies." Revelation 3:22.

12. If I chose to follow God, will He forsake me?

"I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his children begging for bread." Psalm 37:25.

13. What will God give to those who will keep their faith?

"I have fought the good fight. I have finished the course. I have kept the faith. From now on, the crown of righteousness is stored up for me, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will give to me on that day; and not to me only, but also to all those who have loved his appearing." 2 Timothy 4:7, 8.

If you have decided to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please utter this prayer below:

I recognize that the Holy Spirit is continually working in my life; therefore, I will obey His voice. I choose to commit my life entirely to Jesus today, and to take my stand with His commandment-keeping people.

___________________________________
Source: ADVENT Toolbox
Title: Timeless Truth

•Credits to the rightful owner
•All Rights Reserved ©2021
•No Plagiarism

10/28/21 (9:40pm)