UWJ|TT17: Healthy Lifestyle

1. What did Jesus come here for?

"I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly." John 10:10.

2. How important is our physical health to God?

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be healthy, even as your soul prospers." 3 John 1:2.

3. In the last days, what specific instruction does the Scripture give us?

"Fear the Lord, and give him glory; for the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and the springs of waters!" Revelation 14:7.

4. How can we give glory to God with our bodies?

"Or don't you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. Therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's."1 Corinthians 6:19, 20.

"Whether therefore you eat, or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."1 Corinthians 10:31.

5. How should we present our bodies to God?

"Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service." Romans 12:1.

6. What does the Scripture teach about the use of intoxicating drinks?

"Wine is a mocker and beer is a brawler. Whoever is led astray by them is not wise?' Proverbs 20:1. "Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? Those who stay long at the wine; those who go to seek out mixed wine. Don't look at the wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly. In the end, it bites like a snake, and poisons like a viper. Your eyes will see strange things, and your mind will imagine confusing things." Proverbs 23:29-33.

7. What clear warning does God give to those who defile their bodies with vices like alcohol, drugs, or tobacco?

"Don't you know that you are a temple of God, and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God' temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is holy, which you are." 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17.

8. What was man's original diet as prescribed by God?

"God said, 'Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree, which bears fruit yielding seed. It will be your food.' "Genesis 1:29.

NOTE: God instructed our first parents regarding the best foods to eat-nuts, fruits, and grains.

9. After the Fall, what did God add to this diet?

"...and you will eat the herb of the field." Genesis 3:18. NOTE: Vegetables were added.

10. How about meat, when did God allow it to be eaten?

After the Flood.

"Every moving thing that lives will be food for you. As I gave you the green herb, I have given everything to you." Genesis 9:3-4.

11. While God allowed meat to be added in man's diet, after the flood, what two things did He prohibit?

"But flesh with its life, that is, its blood, you shall not eat." Genesis 9:4.

"You shall eat no fat, of bull, or sheep, or goat" Leviticus 7:23. 1-30

NOTE: Today, medical science has discovered and proved that the eating of blood and fat is harmful to our health.