UWJ|TT16: Taking Care of God's Ownership

1. Who owns the world and its wealth?

"The earth is Yahweh's, with its fullness; the world, and those who dwell in it." Psalm 24:1.

"The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, 'says Yahweh of Armies." Haggai 2:8.

2. Who gives us power to get wealth?

"You shall remember Yahweh your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore to your fathers, as it is today." Deuteronomy 8:18.

3. To whom did God give dominion over this earth and all that it contains?

"What is man, that you think of him? You make him ruler over the works of your hands. You have put all things under his feet: All sheep and cattle, yes, and the animals of the field, the birds of the sky, the fish of the sea, and whatever passes through the paths of the seas." Psalm 8:4-8

4. As stewards of God, what does He require of us?

"Here, moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful." 1 Corinthians 4:2.

5. What is the root of all evil that we must avoid?

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some have been led astray from the faith in their greed, and have pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10.

6. If our heart is with the Lord, what question will we ask?

"What will I give to Yahweh for all his benefits toward me?" Psalm 116:12.

7. What will we bring when we come into God's house?

"Ascribe to Yahweh the glory due to his name. Bring an offering, and come into his courts." Psalm 96:8.

8. How much offering shall we give?

"Every man shall give as he is able, according to Yahweh your God's blessing which he has given you." Deuteronomy 16:17.

9. What is God's promise to the generous?

"Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be given to you. For with the same measure you measure it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38.

10. How should we feel about anything we give to God?

"But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly as this? For all things come from you, and we have given you of your own:" 1 Chronicles 29:14.

11. What about the tithe, how much is it?

"For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of God Most High, who met Abraham ... blessed him, to whom also Abraham divided a tenth part of all...." Hebrews 7:1,2.

"Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High. He blessed him, and said, 'Blessed be Abram of God Most High, possessor of heaven and earth. Blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand: Abram gave him a tenth of all." Genesis 14:18-20.

"All the tithe of the herds or the flocks, whatever passes under the rod, the tenth shall be holy to Yahweh." Leviticus 27:32.

NOTE: Tithe is the ten percent of our earning. We return it to God as we acknowledge Him as the Creator and Source of everything we have in life.

12. Do we return God's tithe after everything has been paid, or do we return it first?

We return the tithe first.

"Honor Yahweh with your substance, with the first fruits of all your increase." Proverbs 3:9.

13. What is the tithe for?

"You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any portion among them. I am your portion and your inheritance among the children of Israel. To the children of Levi, behold, I have given all the tithe in Israel for an inheritance, in return for their service which they serve, even the service of the Tent of Meeting." Numbers 18:20, 21.

"Don't you know that those who serve around sacred things eat from the things of the temple, and those who wait on the altar have their portion with the altar? Even so the Lord ordained that those who proclaim the Good News should live from the Good News:' 1 Corinthians 9:13, 14.

14. If we faithfully return His tithe, what will God do for us?

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house, and test me now in this,' says Yahweh of Armies, If will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there will not be room enough for. I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast its fruit before its time in the field,' says Yahweh of Armies." Malachi 3:10,11.

15. What should we seek for first? What will be given in return?

"But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33.