UWJ|TT24: Home At Last

1. Where will Jesus take the redeemed at His Second Coming?

"If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and will receive you to myself; that where I am, you may be there also."John 14:3.

2. When Jesus reigns as the King of this world, what will be the name of His capital city?

"The kingdom of the world has become the Kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ. He will reign forever and ever!" Revelation 11:15.

"I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband." Revelation 21:2.

3. How big is the New Jerusalem?

"The city is square, and its length is as great as its width. He measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand twelve stadia. Its length, width, and height are equal. Its wall is one hundred forty-four cubits, by the measure o man, that is, of an angel." Revelation 21:16,17.

NOTE: 12,012 stadia= or 2,221 kilometers or 1,380 miles. This means New Jerusalem is larger than India with nearly 2 million square miles. Note that 144 cubits is about 65.8 meters or 216 feet.

4. What are the foundations of the walls of the New Jerusalem made of?

"The foundations of the city's wall were adorned with all kinds of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; and the twelfth, amethyst." Revelation 21:19,20.

5. How many gates are there in the New Jerusalem and what are they made of?

"The twelve gates were twelve pearls. Each one of the gates was made of one pearl." Revelation 21:21.

6. What is the street of the city made of?

"The street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass." Revelation 21:21.

7. What special tree will be found growing in the New Jerusalem?

"He showed me a river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On this side of the river and on that was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruits, yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations." Revelation 22:1,2.

8. Will there still be a curse in the New Jerusalem?

None.

"There will be no curse any more. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will serve him." Revelation 22:3.

9. What will life be like in the New Earth?

"They will build houses and inhabit them. They will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. They will not build and another inhabit. They will not plant and another eat: for the days of my people will be like the days of a tree, and my chosen will long enjoy the work of their hands." Isaiah 65:21, 22.

10. Will the redeemed have real,immortal bodies?

"Who will change the body of our humiliation to be conformed to the body of his glory, according to the working by which he is able even to subject all things to himself." Philippians 3:21.

"Behold, I tell you a mystery. We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed. For this perishable body must become imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable body will have become imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then what is written will happen: 'Death is swallowed up in victory.'" 1 Corinthians 15:51-54.

11. Will the redeemed still be vulnerable to sickness, pain, or death?

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; neither will there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more. The first things have passed away." Revelation 21:4.

"Then the eyes of the blind will be opened, and the ears of the deaf will be unstopped. Then the lame man will leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute will sing...."Isaiah 35:5,6.

"The inhabitant won't say, 'I am sick.' The people who dwell therein will be forgiven their iniquity." Isaiah 33:24.

12. What will the animals do there?

"The wolf and the lamb will feed together. The lion will eat straw like the ox. Dust will be the serpent's food. They will not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain." Isaiah 65:25.

13. How does the New Earth compare with what we have today?

"Things which an eye didn't see, and an ear didn't hear, which didn't enter into the heart of man, these God has prepared for those who love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9.

14. Will sin ever rise again in the New Earth?

"Affliction won't rise up the second time." Nahum 1:9.

15. What are required of all believers to inherit the New Earth?

"Therefore don't throw away your boldness, which has a great reward. For you need endurance so that, having done the will of God, you may receive the promise." Hebrews 10:35, 36.

"But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name." John 1:12.

NOTE: God is offering something much better to us than we have right now. Are we willing to let Him be the first in our lives, so He can become our Father and we, His children?