UWJ|ST10: Mark of the Beast & the Sabbath

CHAPTER 10Mark of the Beast & the Sabbath

On the previous page we found that the mark of the beast is Satan's counterfeit law that goes against the law of God. We also saw that the Roman Catholic Church (the Antichrist system) boasted about changing the Sabbath Day of God from the seventh day to the first. Could this be the mark of the beast? Well the Papal church did say it was her "mark" of authority to change God's Law.

"As Pope Benedict says, Sunday is not just a suspension of ordinary activities, but a time when 'Christians discover the Eucharistic form that their lives are meant to have.' The way we celebrate Sunday will affect the way we live the remainder of the week and is a mark of Christian identity from generation to generation."

(Cardinal Sean P. O'Malley, Pastoral Letter, November 20, 2011)

"Question. Have you any other way of proving that the church has power to institute festivals of precept?

Answer. Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her.- she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority." (Doctrinal Catechism, Rev. Stephen Keenan (Kenedy, New York), p. 174)

Sabbath and the Mark Linked

If you study the little horn power in Daniel 7, you will find an antichrist system who thinks it has power to change God's Laws. This little horn antichrist power is none other than the Papal Church of Rome (Roman Catholic Church). Now if we look at a verse in Revelation 14, we will see a connection with the Sabbath Commandment.

Revelation 14:6-7 ...'And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.'

The three angels of Revelation 14 represent God's people (messengers) on earth proclaiming His truth during these end times. Notice the words that this messenger uses above - "worship him that made heaven, earth, the seas and waters". Does God have a law that tells us who it is we worship and obey? Exodus 20:11 ...'For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.'

Do you see the connection there? This message of Revelation 14, which also warns about receiving the mark of the beast (Rev. 14:9-10), is pointing us back to creation and the 4th commandment. Why?

Because the sabbath commandment points us to our Creator God and is the only commandment which tells us who it is we worship.

So when we honor the TRUE Bible sabbath (seventh day sabbath, Saturday). We are giving honor, worship and obedience to "Yehovah" as the TRUE God, who is the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

So which command of God is Satan going to counterfeit? The sabbath commandment of course! Through counterfeiting this commandment and introducing a false sabbath day, Satan diverts worship from the TRUE God, Creator of the heavens and earth, to himself! This is vital to grasp! Please look at this with open eyes and ask God to guide you to His truth. This is so important.

There is a group of people known as Gods remnant church on earth, who are represented by these angels in Revelation 14, and they are giving a warning to the world to worship the God who created the heavens, the earth and the seas, and to keep the seventh day Sabbath Commandment.

This issue of the mark of the beast is all to do with worship. Who will we choose to worship and obey? Will we choose to worship and obey God, and keep His Commandments, including the Sabbath commandment? Or will we choose to worship satan by obeying the Roman Catholic Church and keep her sunday sabbath instead?

REMEMBER!! It is only those who keep God's Commandments and the faith of Jesus that do not receive the mark of the beast, as confirmed in Revelation 14:12

Revelation 13:16 ...'And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads.'

So the mark is in the forehead or hand. Now apply this to the Sabbath.

Exodus 20:8 .....'Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

Where do we remember? In our FOREHEADS (our minds).

Exodus 20:9-10 .....'Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates.'

With what do we work? Our HANDS!

Are you seeing this important truth? Those who make a free will decision in their minds to give their allegiance to the beast (Roman Catholic Church) and keep their sunday sabbath instead of "remembering" and keeping God's seventh day Sabbath will receive the mark of the beast in their foreheads. Those who simply bow under economic pressure of not being able to "buy or sell", will receive the mark in their hand.

And just look at the state of the world today. Look at the economic troubles of the nations. Unemployment, debt. Look at how people rely so much on the lifestyles they have built up. Entertainment, food, having a good time. Satan is bringing about a position in this world where people will welcome the mark of the beast with open arms, in order to continue "buying and selling".

Do those who keep sunday as Sabbath have the mark of the beast now? No, because Sunday needs to be enforced by law in order to become the mark. And God still has many of His people within the Roman Catholic Church, and the other fallen churches, and is calling His people out of these sunday keeping churches

Revelation 18:4 ...'And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.'

So if God has people still in the Roman Catholic Church and other sunday keeping protestant churches, then they do not have the beast's mark yet. But whenthe National Sunday Law is enforced in America and throughout the world, then we will have a big decision to make. Do we reject that law, no matter how bad it gets and keep God's Law and receive His seal? Or do we accept the Sunday Law of the Papal church and receive the beast's mark? Friend, very soon we will all have a choice to make, and some are already making that choice, because Sunday laws have already been passed in certain places. No matter how much pressure you are put under, eternity is waiting for you if you just trust in God and keep His Commandments, including the seventh day Sabbath commandment, and keep the faith of Jesus Christ.

Please open your eyes to this truth and "Worship Him who made the heavens, the earth, and all that is in them."

Thanks to www.markofthebeast.net