UWJ|TT26: God's Remnant Church

1. What did Jesus say would take place before the end of the world?

"This Good News of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world for a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14.

2. How is the gospel of the kingdom described in the book of Revelation?

"I saw an angel flying in mid heaven, having an eternal Good News to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation, tribe, language, and people." Revelation 14:6.

3. Who gets raging mad when the everlasting gospel is proclaimed and why?

"Therefore rejoice, heavens, and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and to the sea, because the devil has gone down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has but a short time." Revelation 12:12.

4. How does the Scripture describe the last generation of Christians and what will the dragon do to them?

"The dragon grew angry with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep God's commandments and hold Jesus' testimony." Revelation 12:17.

5. What does the symbol of a woman mean in Bible prophecy?

"I will cut off the beautiful and delicate one, the daughter of Zion." Jeremiah 6:2.

NOTE: A pure woman represents God's true church. So the rest of the woman's offsprings represent God's remnant churches in the last days. See Isaiah 54:5, 6; Hosea 2:19; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:22-26.

6. Does God have a symbol to represent the false system of worship?

"He carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet-colored beast, full of blasphemous names, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the impurities of the sexual immorality of the earth. And on her forehead a name was written, 'MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF THE PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Revelation 17:3-5.

7. What messages must God's remnant church give to all the world?

*The hour of God's judgment has come.

"I saw an angel flying in mid heaven, having an eternal Good News to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation, tribe, language, and people. He said with a loud voice, 'Fear the Lord, and give him glory; for the hour of his judgment has come..." Revelation 14:6, 7.

"Fear God and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it is good, or whether it is evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13, 14.

*Return to the true worship of God as the Creator by keeping the seventh-day Sabbath.

"Worship him who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and the springs of waters!" Revelation 14:7.

"Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.... for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy." Exodus 20: 8, 11.

*Babylon has fallen, come out of the false churches.

"Another, a second angel, followed, saying, 'Babylon the great has fallen, which has made all the nations to drink of the wine of the wrath of her sexual immorality." Revelation 14:8.

"I heard another voice from heaven, saying, 'Come out of her, my people, that you may have no participation in her sins...." Revelation 18:4.

*Warn the world against receiving the mark of the beast and God's wrath.

"Another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a great voice, 'If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead, or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is prepared unmixed in the cup of his anger. He will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. The smoke of their torment·goes up forever and ever. They have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name:"Revelation 14:9-11.

8. What will be the mission of God's remnant church in the last days?

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and terrible day of Yahweh comes. He will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with a curse:' Malachi 4:5, 6. "Elijah indeed comes first, and will restore all things." Matthew 17:11.

9. How does God's remnant church see itself?

"Those who will be of you will build the old waste places. You will raise up the foundations of many generations. You will be called Repairer of the Breach, Restorer of Paths with Dwellings. If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, and the holy of Yahweh honorable; and honor it, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words, then you will delight yourself in Yahweh, and I will make you to ride on the high places of the earth, and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father." Isaiah 58:12-14.

10. What are the characteristics of God's remnant church­ the one Satan is so angry at?

*They keep and teach God's commandments.

"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I commanded you." Matthew 28:19, 20.

*They have the faith of Jesus.

"Here is the perseverance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Revelation 14:12.

*They will have in their midst the gift of prophecy.

"The dragon grew angry with the woman, and went away to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep God's commandments and hold Jesus' testimony." Revelation 12:17.

"I fell down before his feet to worship him. He said to me, 'Look! Don't do it! I am a fellow bondservant with you and with your brothers who hold the testimony of Jesus. Worship God, for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy.' " Revelation 19:10.

11. Does more than one true faith exist?

No.

"There is one body and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism." Ephesians 4:4, 5.

12. How long will Christ be with His people?

"Behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen:' Matthew 28:20.

13. Is it necessary to make a change in order to follow Christ completely?

Yes. "He who is not with me is against me, and he who doesn't gather with me, scatters." Matthew 12:30.

14. What is God's counsel to His faithful who are still inside this false system of worship?

"He cried with a mighty voice, saying, 'Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, and she has become a habitation of demons, a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird!'" Revelation 18:2.

"I heard another voice from heaven, saying, 'Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don't receive of her plagues." Revelation 18:4.

15. What shall Ido now?

"At an acceptable time I listened to you. In a day of salvation I helped you. 'Behold, now is the acceptable time. Behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2.