21. Meeting Feyre

It had been a few months since Rhysand came back. And a day since Feyre had taken up residence after Tamlin had backlashed. At least that's what Eve was told when an extremely pissed Rhysand barged into the room while Eve was enjoying some peaceful time with Az.

Az had, of course, left after Rhysand had muttered something to him. It was then when Eve had noticed the worry lines on the usually smirking face of the High Lord. "Is everything alright?" she had asked him. When met with no answer, "if there is anything I can do... please, tell me." And with that she had left Rhys alone.

It was not until dinner that night did Mike and Eve get their first glimpse of Feyre. As Eve stood along with the boys, the first thought that came to her mind was she looks horrible. So thin and... what happened to her? She looked how Eve felt when she battled her inner demons.

"This is Azriel—my spymaster." Rhysand introduced them. Az put forward his hand and Eve couldn't help but feel happy- he wasn't hiding his scars these days... well, at least not much. But progress is progress.

"Hey, I am Eve," I said after Cass shrugged off his position as the Commander. "You are human," Feyre blinked. At this Eve couldn't help let out a small chuckle, "I am aware," Feyre blushed a bit. "Believe me the unfortunate circumstances that bought us here are the most bizarre," Mike stepped in. "Hello, I am Mike, also human." He grinned and Eve shook her head- hiding her smile.

"How did you end up here?" Feyre asked but before either could say anything, Cassian interrupted, "How the hell did you make that bone ladder in the Middengard Wyrm's lair when you look like your own bones can snap at any moment?"

Oh well. Not that Eve didn't want to know, she had heard tid-bits about the Cursebreaker and damn, was she impressed.

The rest of the dinner went by quickly. Feyre seemed to be settling right in. Mike and Eve sat beside each other, judging everyone around them even if they had grown closer to them- after all, that's what best friends do. 

Also, in the conversation going on, the two felt like outsiders and had no input to give. Az must've felt this as he gave her a hesitant smile when she took a sip of wine... Eve shrugged him off with a smile. She groaned internally, sometimes Az was too observant for her good... he would question her later.

The duo sat silently as they listened to the stories the Inner Circle offered to Feyre after she asked how had the three males crossed paths with each other. Eve didn't know how to feel when they gave their stories on a silver platter to her. For Eve couldn't fathom how they were so easily telling their stories to a stranger. But then again, was Feyre really a stranger? She fit right in, she had endured God knows what, she seemed to have aged 50 mentally and last but never the least, she had helped bring Rhysand back home.

But not all things last. Soon, Feyre turned to the two who had taken the farthest place on the table. Eve and Mike who had been holding each other's hand beneath the table as proof they at least had someone like them present, sat up straight.

"Do you believe in other realms or worlds?" Eve started by asking Feyre. Feyre was unsure so Eve continued. "Well, you should. We two," she gestured towards herself and Mike, "are from a completely, utterly different world. We were sucked here as a ride for a pretty little star about two years ago and-" Eve said.

"Have been stuck her since then. Fell through the night sky when these guys rescued us." Mike finished.

"What's your world like then?" the question came.

Eve laughed bitterly (internally though). What was their world like? So different that no one but Mike would understand even if she told every detail.

"For starters, we don't have Fae. They are children bedtime stories and even then, they are shown as small, sweet little creatures. Take Tinkerbell for example, even their names are made for appeal." Mike said and everyone except Feyre and Amren shuddered- a world without Fae.

"Then there are hundreds of problems of how Earth- that's the world called by the way- is going to one day collapse, wiping the entirety of human race and other beings with it. Its coming and yet we all do little to nothing to stop it." Eve added with a sigh.

"That's... interesting," Feyre said as she imagined a world without Fae- she was one now herself though.

"So, what's your story then?" Cassian asked and all attention went back to that side of the table. Eve slumped a bit. What's your world like then? My world has my family who are god knows how now.

By the time dinner was done, Eve held Feyre in awe. She was one resilient woman. But even the toughest ones fall sometimes. And that's how Feyre looked... done with everything. It was then Eve made her decision.... She liked Feyre and would help her... however she could. 

Happy reading!

XOXO,

the amazing author ;)